"Wide" Boot screen

onizuka

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got a MacBook with a 13,3' widescreen monitor. I was impressed when I boot it for the first time to see that the boot screen (grey Apple logo with spinner) was not stretched but really fit the ratio of the monitor. On my osx86 machine, I've got a widescreen but the Leopard boot screen seems to be unappropriate and therefore looks awfully stretched... Is there a more or less easy way to set the boot screen to its wide version?

I know it's just a stupid detail but that's the kind of things we all like with Macs, right?

have you tried editing the com.apple.Boot.plist file? If you enter your resolution there, it might work for the boot screen as well.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>*x*x*</string>

I tried that - doesn't seem to work. I too want to get an unstretched 1920x1200 boot screen on my 24" widescreen......

• 3 months later...

Odd. I can't say that I've actually even noticed if it was stretched.

I'll have to go home and check late tonight, but from what I can vaguely remember it boots-up fine on my 19in widescreen at 1440x900.

Is this only a problem with resolutions above a certain size?

Actually I think that it always boots at 1024x768 VESA resolution (but maybe I'm wrong). What it never detects if the default display is wide or "normal" 4:3. Be it a notebook or a desktop with an external monitor.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...