Leo doesn't boot from USB on GA P35 DS4

allema2

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I have a big problem, I always get a blinking cursor after the installation of Leopard (right after the „Verifying DMI Pool Data“ message).

Here’s my hardware:

Gigabyte GA P35-DS4 Mainboard

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

External USB-harddisk WD

Samsung SATA DVD-RW

No internal HD (plugged it out so that Leo can’t smash my windows-loader)

Geforce 8600GT

This hardware should be well-supported by Leo, even the 8600GT is supported with beta-kexts from 10.5.2!

This is how I installed Leopard:

First, I booted Gparted Live-CD to wipe the whole disk. Then I booted iATKOS-DVD and partitioned the disk with Disk Utility (Volume Scheme 1 partition, type MBR).

Then I launched Darwin boot and created the boot-sector (non-EFI). Then I installed Leo, of course without stock kernel. After installation, my computer reboots and keeps hanging after verifying DMI pool data.

I even booted Gparted Live-CD again after installing Leo, the boot flag is set, so it should boot?!

I guess there’s somthing wrong with BIOS-settings, so if anyone knows what settings I need for USB-booting Leo, please let me know :(

Thanks in advance for your help

UPDATE

I've just installed 10.4.6 on my USB-drive, and surprisingly it boots (after setting the bootflag with Gparted live-cd) :)

This proves that the MoBo can boot from that harddisk, so the problem must be the Leo's bootloader from the iATKOS-DVD.

Is it possible to use the 10.4.6-Loader with Leo?

• 4 months later...
UPDATE

I've just installed 10.4.6 on my USB-drive, and surprisingly it boots (after setting the bootflag with Gparted live-cd) :D

This proves that the MoBo can boot from that harddisk, so the problem must be the Leo's bootloader from the iATKOS-DVD.

Is it possible to use the 10.4.6-Loader with Leo?

which files to put in usb so that it can boot?