Kernel Panic

ddod

13 posts in this topic

I have the file macosx_10.4.3_8f1111a_JaS_Patch_4.2b.iso which is supposedly already patched with everything I need.

I am trying to install it in VMware with no luck. I get a kernel panic. See image:

bootup2.jpg

I feel as though i have done everything right according to all the info I can find.

I am running vmware on and HP xw6200 with dual zeon 3.2GHZ processor.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the response. However I am already doing that. The iso is mounted using daemon tools (although I also tried mounting it through vmware and it got just as far).

(I am using the latest daemon tools and the latest VMware)

Edited by ddod

Yes I am trying to install it in VMware to run within VMware. I eventually want it to be playable through the VMware player.

I am not sure what you are asking about the install DVD. What other option is there other than the install DVD?

Thanks for you repsonse.

I might be totally wrong but this looks to me like a media error; those SAM errors and inability to mount suggests that your install media is corrupt. I've seen exactly the same with bad burns. Have you checked the MD5 of your media against the correct values?

Thanks, Technobob - and here are the ones for some of the other files:

e050e4b547e048fde5ea2d7f175baa90 *JaS.1111a.Generic.Patch.V4.2b.ppf

3665735d1b651b5a4ad15ca59ab40142 *macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg

f086fa1cdd01013c9787dfd1e92c2078 *macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvdunpatched.iso

Well it did turn out to be bad media. I got an intact copy and the installer runs nicely.

However now I get to the screen where it asks which volume to install the media. There are no drives available.

I followed the instruction for creating the drive and using diskpart to make it active and give the ID to AF (I think that is what it was).

But the installer doesn't seem to recognize any media.

Any suggestions?