Upgrading from ToH RC2 to iAKTOS v1.0i

nils82

4 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

As per the news today some of you are planning to upgrade to iAKTOS release very soon.

I have ToH RC2 installed on my computer without EFI or any modification. But still I'm curious to try this release which has EFI included.

How should I proceed without loosing my files or setting on my current installation?

Mobo P5W DH DELUXE, C2D 6600, BFG 7950GT 512MB

There is no point at all to "upgrade" if you have ToH working, because the system is actually the same. The new installer will be useful for people who want to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard, and for those that want an easier installer. Personally, I'll download it because I'm planning to use it instead ToH's on my next rig.

There is no point at all to "upgrade" if you have ToH working, because the system is actually the same. The new installer will be useful for people who want to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard, and for those that want an easier installer. Personally, I'll download it because I'm planning to use it instead ToH's on my next rig.

I don't have EFi and I dont wanna install it I tried once and screwed up my system I decided to wait for an EFI included release

But I decide to upgrade to iAKTOS it has to be a clean install ? or I just insert the DVD and I overwrite my current ToH version ?

Just download the efi zip, put the files in a folder called "iamefi" on the main drive, run the 10.5.1 update and then restart and run the script it tells you in the readme in -s mode. Its extremely easy to install efi on a non-efi install, the script makes it foolproof and it takes like 2 seconds. Most people mess up because they dont install the 10.5.1 update before they run the script, or they dont replace the kernel with an EFI compatible one (the 10.5.1 update does this for you), if you dont have an official apple kernel or the patched ToH kernel installed before you run the script then the computer wont boot with efi.