Stuck in "Preparing To Erase" Screen

sue0110

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My Seagate 250 gb sata is detected by the leopard install dvd... but unfortunately am not able to format it to HFS+ Format.I created a primary partition with id=af as directed in most guides.tried zero out data which was suggested in one of the topics,which was also in vain.

Please let me know if there is any way to format the disk.

CPU:AMD AM2 4600+

MOBO:Asus M2N-E

HD:Seagate 250GB SATA II

which way did you start the erase....did you use the disk utility or did you just try to start installing it?

Also...are you trying to multiboot?

I have the same motherboard that you have but my set up is a little different. I have an IDE hard drive set as the master and i have 1 SATA hard drive set on there.

which way did you start the erase....did you use the disk utility or did you just try to start installing it?

Also...are you trying to multiboot?

I have the same motherboard that you have but my set up is a little different. I have an IDE hard drive set as the master and i have 1 SATA hard drive set on there.

Hi razorbladex401

Erase Through Disk Utility in the installation.first created a partition in windows xp with id as af.Then trying to format in the installation using disk utility.

I also have a seagate 160 gb IDE set as primary and Seagate 250gb as sata 1.Am able to format and install withou any problem in the IDE Disk.The problem is tat the ide disk is really slow , i tries the applenforceata.kext replacement method, but it dint work for me. so i wanted to install in my sata HD.

And i have winxp in the first partition in the IDE HD.

Let me know if there is a way to do it..else i have to try and fix my ide disk's speed only.. :D which seems rather bleak.

Thank you for your response

ok me gave up installing on the sata drive .. os installed leopard on the ide drive again .. but the write speed is really slow .. xbench rates it at 6 mb/sec .

So i need to fix this ,which i assume is by adding my device id to the applenforceata.kext .i did try three different versions of the AppleNforceATA.kext all in vain..

let me know if this workaround works for my config or is there anything else that ican do to increase the speed of my HD...

CPU:AMD AM2 4600+

MOBO:Asus M2N-E

HD IDE:Seagate 160 GB (Leo)

HD:Seagate 250GB SATA II(Not able to install in this :) )

it could....did you try to change SATA to IDE for you SATA drive in BIOS?

Nop have'nt tried tat.. and i dont seem to remember an option like tat in the BIOS .Will Look again ,try it then come back here...Thanks for the response :)

And any idea abt the ApplenForceATA.kext ? me still string to fix that.Would be good enuf if the write speed increases in the IDE. Am not sure if it even works for NForce 570 MCP plz clarify in thet front as well..

Thanks again for the response..!!