Mysql 5.0.45 on MAC OS 10.5

D0MZE

2 posts in this topic

I installed MySQL 5.0.45 using the package distribution download from mysql, then installed the startup items and then installed the preference pane.

So when I click start mysql it doesnt start, in the preference pane that is.

if i do sudo /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM/MySQLCOM start, it doesn't start...

but if I do what that script does, that is run the same command, mysql runs that is sudo /usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server start it starts mysql

The same idea follows for stop

How come the Startup Item does not work as intented? Is there something that is not compatible with OSX 10.5?

Or have I done something that was not suppose to be done?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I installed MySQL 5.0.45 using the package distribution download from mysql, then installed the startup items and then installed the preference pane.

So when I click start mysql it doesnt start, in the preference pane that is.

if i do sudo /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM/MySQLCOM start, it doesn't start...

but if I do what that script does, that is run the same command, mysql runs that is sudo /usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server start it starts mysql

The same idea follows for stop

How come the Startup Item does not work as intented? Is there something that is not compatible with OSX 10.5?

Or have I done something that was not suppose to be done?

Thanks

I had the same issue. I ended up following this fellow's guide to set up my development machine on Leopard. Step 8 is the one you're looking for.

http://stringfoo.com/2007/11/05/server_setup_on_leopard/

Edit: I did do one thing different, and installed Zend Core, but I still had to follow step 8's general guidelines to work. I believe I just had to modify the path to my Zend folder. PM me if you need more help.

/lessew