[ToH] problems

sonicboom5

5 posts in this topic

I have a Nvidia 7300 SE and the resolution can only go up to 1024x768. my monitor is 1280x1024. and it's laggy. i tried nvinject but the system says not supported. also the internet does not work and i can only boot leopard up with the cd. how do i fix all of these problems?

I have a Nvidia 7300 SE and the resolution can only go up to 1024x768. my monitor is 1280x1024. and it's laggy. i tried nvinject but the system says not supported. also the internet does not work and i can only boot leopard up with the cd. how do i fix all of these problems?
7300SE works with Diabolik's 10.4.9 installer [link to Diabolik's site], apparently. See post here or here.

The internet doesn't work?! It's 'working' just fine for me :blink: Would need to know your motherboard/NIC model to help out.

As for leopard not booting without the DVD, d'you have any other OSes installed? Are you running with vanilla kernel? I can't think of a solution immediately, but some searching should yield a solution for this as well... Could be something to do with Darwin not being installed.

Update, concerning leopard not booting without the DVD: Try the instructions in this post, from "Somehow, The Leopard Installation process does no make the partition bootable. You need to do this yourself (working on a fix)." on.

7300SE works with Diabolik's 10.4.9 installer [link to Diabolik's site], apparently. See post here or here.

The internet doesn't work?! It's 'working' just fine for me ;) Would need to know your motherboard/NIC model to help out.

As for leopard not booting without the DVD, d'you have any other OSes installed? Are you running with vanilla kernel? I can't think of a solution immediately, but some searching should yield a solution for this as well... Could be something to do with Darwin not being installed.

Update, concerning leopard not booting without the DVD: Try the instructions in this post, from "Somehow, The Leopard Installation process does no make the partition bootable. You need to do this yourself (working on a fix)." on.

i tried installing the 10.4.9 installer but it says installation has failed and someting about the postflight. and now it wont boot, it keeps on staying at the gray apple boot screen.

i tried installing the 10.4.9 installer but it says installation has failed and someting about the postflight. and now it wont boot, it keeps on staying at the gray apple boot screen.
Strange. Try booting first with the -v switch (for verbose mode): tap F8 when your computer is starting, when you get the Darwin bootloader type -v and hit enter. Pay attention particularly to the last bits of code, especially to any error messages. You could also try booting in safe mode, with the -x switch, i believe [or -f, not sure anymore :S].

Best of luck,

3phemeral

(some more info concerning your hardware could be useful to...)

• 1 month later...