Not able to boot :s

gryzzly

7 posts in this topic

I have exactly the same problem!!! At least about the gray screen and panic stuff..I have no problems installing..but when I boot I get the panic grey screen that asks to restart and behind it I see the following:Panic(CPU 0 caller 0x001a7bed): kernel trap at 0x001976bc, type 14=page fault, registers:....error code: 0x00000002Debugger called: <panic>And some other stuff that I'l write if you need please help me!!!!I have exactly the same problem!!! At least about the gray screen and panic stuff..I have no problems installing..but when I boot I get the panic grey screen that asks to restart and behind it I see the following:Panic(CPU 0 caller 0x001a7bed): kernel trap at 0x001976bc, type 14=page fault, registers:....error code: 0x00000002Debugger called: <panic>And some other stuff that I'l write if you need please help me!!!!

Try to boot with your dvd get a shell and add -v -x -f -legacy to /Volumes/YourVolname/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and reboot.

Or get a copy of the file edit it in windows(not with notepad, use textedit or some unix compatible text editor) put it on a pen and copy it after you booted the dvd

i never had mac os x so i dont really know what your talking about(shell?)

i need to edit the actual file or run chmod in terminal and just add this values to it.... If it is the second so i think its not working..

And about rhe second method... How do i get a copy of the file and how do i copy it back to its place??

Thanks for your help so far and thanks ahead.

same! i have the exact same problem as davidyaha with the panic after installation. though like him, i had no probs installing it. i made my own thread a few days ago so check it out incasei get a reply there that fixes it. also, if anyone finds a solution to this problem we would appreciate it very much

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem about panics with exactly the same error codes:

Panic(CPU 0 caller 0x001a7bed): kernel trap at 0x001976bc, type 14=page fault

registers:....error code: 0x00000002Debugger called: <panic>

etc.

I used -v -x -f -legacy options,

or even added mach_kernel option, but in all of these cases, the system successfully

boot, but when loading X11, there is just a bule screen in which only my mouse works.

The funny thing is that when I boot from the DVD sith option rd=diskXsY everything is fine

and I can log in and work. my graphics and ethernet etc, works.

Tha panic stuff happens only when booting from HDD.

is there any solution?