Leopard 10.5.1 AMD - Can't boot Leopard

Hackintosh2

18 posts in this topic

Reboot to install DVD, open terminal, follow these steps to make drive bootable

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

by Hexadecimal

After doing this, now the Install Disk at least shows my Partitions when pressing F8,

however, when I launch the partition with Leopard on it (rd=disk0s1), it will run until some point:

syncing disks... killing all processes

done

MACH Reboot

It won't reboot though, it just keeps freezed like that until I have to force the reboot.

This helped to install Darwin for me:

You MUST do the following :Boot from the DVD, at prompt type "F8" then "-s".Once it's loaded :fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX (X is the number of your HD)f X (X is the number of your partition)updatewrite (answer yes if asked)qthen go to /usr/standalone/i386 (cd /usr/standalone/i386) and type :Dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX bs=512 count=1 (first X is your HD, second X is your partition)./startupfiletool -v /dev/rdiskXsX ./bootbless --device /dev/diskXsX --setBootreboot and Darwin bootloader must appear ...

However, when I boot up, its still stuck at:

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard" has no explicit kernel dependency: using version 6.0.

continuing

done

MACH Reboot

It won't reboot then, it just freezes at that point.

When I unattach my Apple Keyboard, then it's clear that this seems to make it stuck:

devfs_kernel_mount: failed to find directory /dev ...

HELP Please!

I checked the BIOS, and besides keyboard/mouse support and usb park mode,

I don't see any other special commands.

And there seems to be nothing regarding legacy.

dsc_0097.jpg

^The Apple Keyboard that just has to work!

I just tried two different Keyboards. My Apple Keyboard (and yes, I won't be able to use a different one because this one simply is the best I've ever had. And an old Logitech Keyboard.

So we already know the error about the Apple Keyboard, so here is what it tells me about the Logitech one:

dsc_0098.jpg

^The Logitech Keyboard!

The problem:

dsc_0096.jpg

Thanks again for helping!

Hi, i just installed Leopard AMD 10.5.1. if i boot in normally window is stuck on

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCI 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

and if i try to follow next step to solve it

/usr/misc/script.sh Leopard

not found... i checked it misc directory is not even there

tried booting -s

same window is stuck here

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCI 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

any suggestion? THankx in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I found something!!

That help me:

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX

update

f X

w

y (<----!!!!!!!!!)

reboot

Take DVD out, boot you HD, now u can see "Press any key to choose boot(something)"

Press Enter, then -x, (that help me to skip Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCI 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2-1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 problem), now you can see a Welcome Screen (I've got a keyboard reconition) to skip that pres ½§ key near by 1.) Now you can choose your region, and more!

My problem is, i can't continue before to settings translation, it's get me to start.. How i can solve this?

Damn, i apologize my english.. I hope you can understand.. :rolleyes: