Uphuck 1.3 10.4.9 succesfully installed. but failed update to 10.4.10. Inside for details.

pooloo

2 posts in this topic

hi everybody... :D i chose uphuck 1.3 to install and very lucky successed at the first time. my computer is IBM R60e, GMA 950. when installation i only chose intel sse2 and didn't choose sse3-1 although my cpu supports sse3.i read a article of updating existing 10.4.9 to 4.10 and started updating.this article requires DO NOT restart after the installation finished and do a replacement of mach_kernel operation. i changed mach_kernel's owner before the update.but after i installed the update and ready to replace the mach_kernel, the file is locked and more devastating is i can't start the terminal and it reported "error 10810". but it seems the author can use the terminal to change the privilege of mach_kernel and replace it. and he uses uphuck 1.3 too.is it normal that terminal can not be open during updating? or something wrong with my uphuck 1.3 istallation. or i should install sse3-1 patch in the installation? Pls help me, thanx.or anybody can teach me how to change my log on group and i don't need to change the file privilege during the operation. i check some max os and unix boot and didn't find the answers. any guru can help me out here?

On my R60 I used Uphuck 10.4.9 V1.4i_r2....try that. I also have successfully installed Leopard on it however that I did a little different. I had to put the hard drive in my T60, install tiger, then Kaliway's Boot Leopard HD cd, install leopard, boot into tiger, brazilmac post patch then boot into Leopard. Shut down, put hard drive back in R60 and it works great. Go figure why it's won't install in the R60 but work fine in the R60.

hi everybody... :thumbsdown_anim: i chose uphuck 1.3 to install and very lucky successed at the first time. my computer is IBM R60e, GMA 950. when installation i only chose intel sse2 and didn't choose sse3-1 although my cpu supports sse3.i read a article of updating existing 10.4.9 to 4.10 and started updating.this article requires DO NOT restart after the installation finished and do a replacement of mach_kernel operation. i changed mach_kernel's owner before the update.but after i installed the update and ready to replace the mach_kernel, the file is locked and more devastating is i can't start the terminal and it reported "error 10810". but it seems the author can use the terminal to change the privilege of mach_kernel and replace it. and he uses uphuck 1.3 too.is it normal that terminal can not be open during updating? or something wrong with my uphuck 1.3 istallation. or i should install sse3-1 patch in the installation? Pls help me, thanx.or anybody can teach me how to change my log on group and i don't need to change the file privilege during the operation. i check some max os and unix boot and didn't find the answers. any guru can help me out here?