iPhone for christmas (help)

Hondo

7 posts in this topic

Been searching around google and stuff havn't found much help. If I had my parents buy me an iPhone as one of my christmas presents, Would I be able to crack it so I can have Verizon as my service. Or are the newer iphones not able to be cracked to be able to use whatever service u want?

- Hondo :)

No. iPhones cannot work on verizon or sprint or any other CDMA based cellular provider. It has to be on a gsm network (AT&T and T-Mobile in the us) You can crack the iPhone to work on any GSM provider. A simple wikipedia search will tell you what your provider is.

Sorry Brotha the last poster is correct. The iPhone is a GSM phone Verizon used CDMA.

The easiest way to tell the difference is whether or not the phone uses a SIM card. If it does its GSM if it doesn't its probably CDMA(but definately not GSM)

Dam, Thanks guys. I guess Ill try to convince my mom to get me an AT&T plan :)

Or are the newer iphones not able to be cracked to be able to use whatever service u want?

Hy All

There's another open question in this topic:)

I'm living in switzerland. And I thought about to buy an IPhone. I heared there's no possibility to crack an iPhone with sw v. 1.1.2

Is that right? or is that just at the moment like that? would there be anytime a possibility?

Thanks for help

best regards

Joel

• 1 month later...