How to install Leopard on External Drive

wegadnie

3 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anybody know how to install MAC leopard on External Drive?. I searched in many difference forums through Google but still don't have exactly what I want. Thanks

i've been able to do it. I used the ToH Leopard dvd. Since this release has issues with booting up I installed Tiger on my externel drive first. Then after that I installed Leopard on it. All you have to do it make sure that your drive is connected and that when you go to the Diskutility that your externel drive shows up. After the install if you want to boot into it just press F12 and select USB Device. On my setup I have Ubuntu 7.10 and Windows setup on the internel drive. I use Grub to select between them. I was able to put OS X on the grub loader manually but if I select it it boots into sometimes. There's is a delay on USB support when you first boot up.

• 2 weeks later...

It's very simple.

Use Kalyway 10.5.1

Boot up with the CD. Plug in the Usb Harddrive as it's starting.

Once the Installer starts, go to DiskUtility.

Partition the Usb hard drive as MBR with 1 partition and then erase the partition as Mac Osx Extended (Journaled)

Install Leopard with appropriate drivers.

Reboot and go into your bios and choose USB Harddrive as first boot option. Save and exit.

Enjoy.