Can't Install .sh Patch

zeazzz

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I have successfully installed Leopard on my Toshiba Laptop (will post compatability later.) However, once I get to the last step, where I had to boot into verbose mode and select my flash drive, it seems as if my directory won't change in the terminal.

The current directory is -bash-3.2#: and when I try cd .. or cd Volumes nothing happens. There is no error, and when I type in /Volumes it says "Volumes IS a directory." The setup has also successfully found my flash drive because disk utility sees it. Any ideas on how to get to the flash drive so I can install my patch? Thanks.

Hey everyone. I have successfully installed Leopard on my Toshiba Laptop (will post compatability later.) However, once I get to the last step, where I had to boot into verbose mode and select my flash drive, it seems as if my directory won't change in the terminal.

The current directory is -bash-3.2#: and when I try cd .. or cd Volumes nothing happens. There is no error, and when I type in /Volumes it says "Volumes IS a directory." The setup has also successfully found my flash drive because disk utility sees it. Any ideas on how to get to the flash drive so I can install my patch? Thanks.

What's the name of your flash drive? I named mine USB so I'd do cd /Volumes/USB/PATCH/

Then type "./patch.sh LEO" (no quotes, LEO is my volume name where I installed Leopard)

Where PATCH is the folder of the patch.sh file. Make your volume name short and no spaces. That would make it easier to get to. Good luck my friend.