10.4.8 problem

10 posts in this topic

Dear insane mac people :angel:

I've got a problem. You probably got it right that I want to install 10.4.8 (best image that I could find at usenet, JaS release) in VMWare. Well, it all kinda goes without any kinks 'till I get to the disk utility part. I got a PPF1 and PPF2 patched image (or do you need to do that manually or something..?) but I still can't see any disks, except the dvd-'drive'. This is kinda frustrating cause I think I'm doing everything okay. I followed the VMWare tutorial @ the osx86.org wiki. I used the search engine on this forum but couldn't find very much.

So, if anyone could help me up, I would be you thankful for a very long time!

I got hard disk set up as an SCSI drive, I believe it wouldn't boot when I set it to IDE.

System specs:

Intel Core2Duo E6750 (2.6 GHz)

2GB RAM

Running Windows Vista

FuZi0n

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I managed to get things working.. but after the installation, it reboots blabla then I get the apple boot screen with that thingy that keeps spinning, and after a while it just hangs. It does nothing. So I went into verbose mode and I got something like this:

*date* localhost /system/library/coreservices/loginwindows.app/contents/macos/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

I spoke to someone else and he said that it was something with the virtual graphics card. Is that correct? And is there a fix?

Thnx!

edit: Hmm, I'm getting a different text now, screenshot starts with the line in the beginning of my post and what I see at the end: mac.png

Edit 2: Now I get the READ WRITE SAM error 10 times or so thingy

Okay, I managed to get things working.. but after the installation, it reboots blabla then I get the apple boot screen with that thingy that keeps spinning, and after a while it just hangs. It does nothing. So I went into verbose mode and I got something like this:

*date* localhost /system/library/coreservices/loginwindows.app/contents/macos/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

I spoke to someone else and he said that it was something with the virtual graphics card. Is that correct? And is there a fix?

Thnx!

edit: Hmm, I'm getting a different text now, screenshot starts with the line in the beginning of my post and what I see at the end: mac.png

Edit 2: Now I get the READ WRITE SAM error 10 times or so thingy

LS,

I was experiedncing the same problem when (as indicated in the excellent guide) burned the .iso to a DVD but after mounting it first with Deamon Tools this kind of error was gone and I am now running it versy smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

It still doesn't work.. Any tips? :D

Tried again, it passes the loginwindow startup line, then airport driver, and then 2 lines with mDNSResponder in it...

*date* localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-00000000000b instead

*date* localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-0000000000.localb instead

Something like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i get the same prob! i downloaded a vmware image of tiger (based off of JaS) i'll try a install.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I'm trying to install MacOS 10.4.8 JaS Intel SS3 on VMWare 5.5.3, I had follow the ~pcwiz guide step by step but can't make this work.

I have a 10.4.8 JaS copy but it seems to don't have the ppf1 and ppf2 patches, How I know if this is the correct image? If is not, I need to download a new image? or I can get this patches (and where, please) Updating to 10.4.9 o 10.4.10 will solve this problem or is worthless (or worst)??? ;)

This image is working great but on a normal installation, but in VMWare 5.5.3 crashes just when the white scren with the apple logo appears.

I had follow the ~pcwiz guide step by step

someone can give me a hand?

thanks a lot!