Leopard/XP Questions (likely easy)

obajoba

2 posts in this topic

Okay, After a few minor hiccups I was able to get the flat image running on my machine for a second time. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I made a (insert expletive) mistake and blew up my XP drive. All the while not realizing that my initial issue (LAN) on my board was just not waking because of stupid Windoze (Unix admin here, i hate MS).

Anyhoo, the real question (see below for hardware specs) is how do I dual boot if my OS X install appears to need AHCI enabled on my board and XP (32bit) does not support it? I REALLY dislike having to go in and enable AHCI in the bios every time i want to boot OSX. Any thoughts? I have yet to try EFI, and I have not updated the flat image in any way aside from installing the kexts for my audio, everything else appears to be working 100%.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L

Core2Duo 6550

2x 1GB Corsair 5200 (matched pair)

Nvidia 7100GS (256MB)

Okay, I made SOME headway here. I disabled AHCI and switched my SATA to Legacy mode... BUT, now things are significantly slower. Though, I must say, if all works well I will be buying a MacBook Pro as this is all in an attempt to get to know Mac...

So, I am completely tired of searching forums, the interweb thingy and all for the last 3 days. Any thoughts? This was working previously without any changes to the BIOS... Hmmmmm. Happily posting from my Hac (errr, OSx86 box).

-Joe