software ive been having problems with

ho11ywood45

3 posts in this topic

so the leopard upgrade was a success ... however im encountering quite a few problems with existing software and applicaitons

-vlc crashes on every load (found build .90 and that seems to be working fine... much smoother playback with wmv as well)

-iphoto 08 wont load pictures. images are all there but when i go to edit the large image is just blank screen

-iGrabnews crashes on every load. (using unison and other nttp programs but neither are as good)

-photobooth wont work. says my graphics card cant handle it (i have a x1950xt running fine, how can i tell if QE/CI is enabled and working well? i have the jcool method installed...is there a newer installer? i tried to use a new installer last night and it crashed at the blue screen)

-anyone have success syncing H700 bluetooth with osx? it says my hardware is not compatable...do i need to upgrade to BT 2.0? i have v 1.1 and i think that is also my problem

anyone experiencing any similar problems or have any insight?

if u click on the apple logo then click about this mac, then click more info on the box that opens will give u the system profiler...go down to displays and make sure core image and quartz extreme are supported.

I can tell u photobooth and iphoto work, not used the others m8

if u click on the apple logo then click about this mac, then click more info on the box that opens will give u the system profiler...go down to displays and make sure core image and quartz extreme are supported.

I can tell u photobooth and iphoto work, not used the others m8

sure enough that was my problem ... jccools thread had the latest installed :-)

now im set ... such a good feeling knowing everything is working

bluetooth headset, webcam, ilife, photobooth

now i just need iGrabnews to come out with an update