Getting Natit to work with Leopard's ATINDRV.kext

Takuro

6 posts in this topic

As you might know, a lot of people are forced to use the 10.4.7 ATINDRV.kext in order to get Natit to work. ATINDRV controls the framebuffer for all ATi graphics cards. Natit injects information into OS X's framebuffer drivers to "fudge" specific ATi cards to work with Apple's kexts.

I'm currently trying to get the 10.5 Leopard ATINDRV to successfully work with Natit, but I'm not having much luck. I took a look at the 10.4.7 ATINDRV and realized that, as of 10.4.8, framebuffer kexts were handled as "plugins."

compareof2.jpg

I think Natit is basically having problems due to this new organization within ATINDRV. Would a simple change of a value, like "ATY,Wormy," in Natit's info.plist be enough to get things working in Leopard?

Here's my Natit's info.plist as it currently is, which works with the 10.4.7 ATINDRV kext:

Info.txt

10.5.1 ATINDRV is working great for me while 10.5 didn't.

And according to your sig, you're still using the 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport kext, Cyclone?

If so, that's highly ironic. I can use the 10.5 IONDRVSupport but not the ATINDRV.

Also, we might be using different versions of Natit. I'm using the original Natit that requires you to input EDID data from your monitor. Maybe the variant you use looks for ATINDRV in a different location. Also, if your monitor is hooked up to a VGA output or DVI-to-VGA converter, that could account for the difference since I use DVI.

I might have to talk to Diabolik about this.

• 2 months later...