Uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 Boot Problem

Tangra

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 on my HP Pavilion zd8000 series notebook.

I got two install DVDs of uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 and same problem...

I try to install the uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 on the Notebook internal HD - I use Disk Utility - Erase ( and could create new partition and install the uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 ).The installation process seems to be fast on my machine (it supports SSE2 & SS3).After install and restart I go to my bios in set to boot from the HD - right?

Finally the machine boots ( from HD ) into Black Screen with blinking underline....Obvilously there is no bootloader....Is this uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 Disk Utility problem issue of this version? I can run the Install DVD and see the HD partition,select it, run info, so it says that's o.k.(HD ATA,one Mac HFS partition ect...).The info shows that this partition is 2 - is that right, it shold be 1, when I used Erase only of the whole HD and it created one partition only?

Do anybody here have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

FIRST OFF, Normally you do NOT need to change the boot order in your BIOS after the install. Let the Bootloader itself count down (asking "Press any key or F8...)

It is best to install with the absolute MINIMUM of options if you are new or do not exactly know your system. Check the install options EXACTLY, do NOT install any video drivers unless you are sure what you are doing. You can tweak the video after the install, wrong video drivers are the most common cause of kernel panic.

If you still have problems try the various boot options, pressing F8 at boot then for example "-x" or "-legacy" ... etc, search this site for the meaning/use of these options, to tweak or repair your install.

P.S. it really helps to check the HCL at the wiki and see if someone has already successfully installed OSX on your model. Often there are very good tips and precise info based on real experience.

I did very tight install, using Intel, universal kernel 3, no drivers etc..<br />After reboot I have a message: Can'n find "com.apple.Boot.plist" something like that...<br />I'v downloaded two DVD-s one " Uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 " and " Uphack 10.4.9 v1.3 universal DVD ".<br />The problem is same trying install from both DVD-s.<br />I could find some threads here that the CD-ROM can not read such files like " apple.Boot.plist" so I have to try to change the CD-ROM ( it's hard since I use Laptop HP Pavilion zd8000 series - zd8019ea with build it CD-ROM ).<br />Is there any hint around?