[Sell] Great osX86 System For Sale

errandwolfe

3 posts in this topic

System for sale:

A-Bit IS7-V2 Motherboard ( http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/produc...ies=1&model=187 )

Celeron D (Prescott) 3.06 GHz CPU

Radeon 9600 Pro (Actually 9550 flashed to 9600 Pro) - 128 Mb VRAM, AGP 8x

1 Gb PC3200 RAM

-Ran great with osX86 10.4.3 8F1111A using Maxxuss 4.2b kernel

-QE and CI Enabled with no kext editing

-Native boot and install using userland DVD patched with Jas' PPF

-On average about 32 for an Xbench score

-Very easy to do a dual boot system as you can choose your boot drive in BIOS, no need for Grub or the other dual boot tricks.

All you will need is hard drive (I recommend SATA), DVD Drive, and case. If you would like I will provide these things for an extra $100, but that also greatly adds on to the shipping expense. Unless you live in the boonies and there are no computer stores around, pick these up on your own.

I am asking $300 plus shipping. If you are in the Central Florida area, pickup can be arranged.

Please either PM me or e-mail me errand@cyberhippie.org if you are interested.

System for sale:

A-Bit IS7-V2 Motherboard ( http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/produc...ies=1&model=187 )

Celeron D (Prescott) 3.06 GHz CPU

Radeon 9600 Pro (Actually 9550 flashed to 9600 Pro) - 128 Mb VRAM, AGP 8x

1 Gb PC3200 RAM

-Ran great with osX86 10.4.3 8F1111A using Maxxuss 4.2b kernel

-QE and CI Enabled with no kext editing

-Native boot and install using userland DVD patched with Jas' PPF

-On average about 32 for an Xbench score

-Very easy to do a dual boot system as you can choose your boot drive in BIOS, no need for Grub or the other dual boot tricks.

All you will need is hard drive (I recommend SATA), DVD Drive, and case. If you would like I will provide these things for an extra $100, but that also greatly adds on to the shipping expense. Unless you live in the boonies and there are no computer stores around, pick these up on your own.

I am asking $300 plus shipping. If you are in the Central Florida area, pickup can be arranged.

Please either PM me or e-mail me errand@cyberhippie.org if you are interested.

Have you tried O/C your Celeron? My 2.8 Celeron D is O/C to 3.79 Ghz. My Xbench went from 40 to 60. It's been stable for 2 weeks at that speed.

Have not tried overclocking, and honestly don't feel a need to. All my apps even through Rosetta ran nice and quick. I have always been of the opinion why fix something when it aint broke. Quite frankly I never got myself up to the G5 level when I was on PPC hardware, so never was a speed junkie. Sure on the Windoze side, overclocking is sometimes a neccesity, but on osX86, speed just hasn't been an issue at all.