Onetrack

Leopard Perfect Install

1,041 posts in this topic

@ Stravaganza

I have some questions related to the mobo GA-945GCMX-S2, because, yes, I would like to construct a Hackintosh and I am thinking seriously about a setup very similar to one which is in your signature. I am really sorry, probably answers are somewhere around in this forum but I was not able to locate them.

1. Is Brazilmac approach the optimal way for GA-945GCMX-S2 owners or it does not matter and for example Kalyway 10.5.1 will work equally well?

2. Are there any problems with on-board graphics card and Brazilmac installation? I mean specifically problems with artifacts. At the moment I do not want to invest money in an additional graphics card and I noticed that you are one the few people around who just uses the on-board graphics.

3. Do you know which PCI Firewire Controllers will work with this mobo and Brazilmac installation? Can I buy just the cheapest Firewire 400 card or the chipset matters?

4. I have a three-years old IDE DVD recorder NEC-3500a as well as 160gb IDE Barracuda drive. Can I use these as internal drives in my Hackintosh or it is more advisable to invest money into new drives? Btw. these drives are in Firewire enclosures and I use them currently with my iBook. Is it correct that the IDE drives in Firewire enclosures will work with the Hackintosh? Can I use Firewire DVD drive for Brazilmac installation?

5. Is there a version of Tiger which is most suitable for GA-945GCMX-S2? Is there any reason to use Tiger instead of Leopard with this Hackintosh? I am asking this question because currently I am using Tiger with my iBook and actually I am quite happy with this OS. If Tiger is more stable than Leopard, than probably I would prefer to stay with Tiger.

Sorry for the long list of questions and many thanks for your patience!

Advertisement
@ Stravaganza

I have some questions related to the mobo GA-945GCMX-S2, because, yes, I would like to construct a Hackintosh and I am thinking seriously about a setup very similar to one which is in your signature. I am really sorry, probably answers are somewhere around in this forum but I was not able to locate them.

1. Is Brazilmac approach the optimal way for GA-945GCMX-S2 owners or it does not matter and for example Kalyway 10.5.1 will work equally well?

2. Are there any problems with on-board graphics card and Brazilmac installation? I mean specifically problems with artifacts. At the moment I do not want to invest money in an additional graphics card and I noticed that you are one the few people around who just uses the on-board graphics.

3. Do you know which PCI Firewire Controllers will work with this mobo and Brazilmac installation? Can I buy just the cheapest Firewire 400 card or the chipset matters?

4. I have a three-years old IDE DVD recorder NEC-3500a as well as 160gb IDE Barracuda drive. Can I use these as internal drives in my Hackintosh or it is more advisable to invest money into new drives? Btw. these drives are in Firewire enclosures and I use them currently with my iBook. Is it correct that the IDE drives in Firewire enclosures will work with the Hackintosh? Can I use Firewire DVD drive for Brazilmac installation?

5. Is there a version of Tiger which is most suitable for GA-945GCMX-S2? Is there any reason to use Tiger instead of Leopard with this Hackintosh? I am asking this question because currently I am using Tiger with my iBook and actually I am quite happy with this OS. If Tiger is more stable than Leopard, than probably I would prefer to stay with Tiger.

Hi rraleighh,

No need to be sorry. Your questions are very easy to understand. What a joy! :) My native language is not English, so I am afraid that I cannot be as clear as you are.

1. No. Kalyway 10.5.1 will work equally well. But there's more than that. If you are confident and sure of what to do and how to do it whenever problems come up (e.g. Update to v10.5.2 breaks sound and video and you want to fix them, or a better AppleSMBIOS.kext is released and you want to use it), then you really don't need to bother to use BrazilMAC. If not, you need to spend time to learn how to deal with these things. BrazilMAC method is a good way to train yourself in fixing broken kexts and gaining insights on how, what, and where to look at instead of waiting compilation updates. Once you have that, BrazilMAC is also easier than other compilation distributions to work with. It sounds tough but it's not.

2. The on-board video card is GMA 950. This on-board video has the problem of constantly blinking on applications which use graphics heavily such as DVD Player. This problem doesn't depend on what installation method you choose. It's the problem of GMA 950. There's a solution to this problem but it also leads to another problem of displaying black squares. This new problem however is less bothering, less frequent, and more tolerant (at least to me). But really, you don't have a choice on this matter assuming you don't buy a graphics card. As far as I know, GMA 950 is the only on-board graphics card known to work and come with Intel bridges.

3. Sorry, I don't remember. Again it is completely irrelevant to installation methods. It seems that the motherboard is not picky about FireWire card chipsets. But I think the chipset matters to Leopard. Hence I would check HCL to see which chipsets are known to work with Leopard. I also remember that in customer reviews of Newegg.com, people actually say which cards are working on their Leopard Hackintosh. (I got mine from my friend and doesn't have a brand name on it. So I cannot give the name. I only mentioned Agere because the chipsets are the same.) I believe you can buy an excellent FireWire card under 10 USD.

4. I do not know the answer for IDE HDDs because I never tried. I believe that NEC-3500a DVD works with the motherboard and BrazilMAC because I did it once with an older model NEC IDE DVD. No matter what, I would always try with what I have already. Yes, devices connected to Hackintosh via FireWire work. (It doesn't matter IDE or SATA.) I am not sure what you mean by "Can I use Firewire DVD drive for Brazilmac installation?"

From your iBook, you can install the untouched original Leopard on the IDE HDD connected via FireWire interface to your iBook. Then you can patch all kexts on the HDD from your iBook. (Then disconnect the FireWire cable, put the HDD back to your Hackintosh, boot the Hackintosh, and so on. By doing so, you can completely bypass the pre-patch and installation instructions of BrazilMAC. But then whether the motherboard recognizes the IDE HDD or not is a different story.)

5. I do not know the answer. One reason of sticking to Tiger that I can think of is the processor that you use for your Hackintosh is too old to be supported by the EFI developed by Netkas.

--S

With the 100th post, I am an InsanelyMac Geek. How sad. :P

10.5.2 Problem. I updated my Hack, as normal, using Software Update, and now it gets stuck on, "You need to restart your ...blah blah, please hold down the Power Button or the Restart Button", which is repeated in three other languages.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Lester

EDIT I see there's a 10.5.2 patch??? Can someone point me in the right direction with instructions?

MORE EDIT WOW, did fook up or what? I have to download the 10.5.2 patch and the kernel and do a bunch of hacking. Whoa is me. Learning time!

EVEN MORE EDIT I found the update thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87078

But I can't get my Hack to even boot in safe mode, so I may have to start from scratch. Boo. Is it possible that after I rebuild to 10.5 I can patch directly to 10.5.2 with the latest hacks?

Extra Special Sad EDIT I will need to rebuild my Hack from Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD and patch using the above mentioned comboupdate and kernel.

@Stravaganza

Thanks for your quick reply!

From your iBook, you can install the untouched original Leopard on the IDE HDD connected via FireWire interface to your iBook. Then you can patch all kexts on the HDD from your iBook.

It seems to be a very natural idea and I have seen at least one detailed implementation of this approach, but it is done for GA-P35-DS4 mobo. How should I modify this method in the context of GA-945GCMX-S2? Also this method requires an intel mac. What should I do if I have a PowerPc ibook?

@Stravaganza

Thanks for your quick reply!

It seems to be a very natural idea and I have seen at least one detailed implementation of this approach, but it is done for GA-P35-DS4 mobo. How should I modify this method in the context of GA-945GCMX-S2? Also this method requires an intel mac. What should I do if I have a PowerPc ibook?

@rraleighh,

Whoops, I was sloppy. I didn't think it through. I forgot the fact that iBooks have PowerPC processor. Nowadays, everthing about Mac that I think of is Intel processors although I have a G4 Mac, hmm...

While I do not know whether the installation images dumped on HDDs differ based on the types of processors on the host machines or not, I don't believe that the motherboard matters for this step. Once such installation dump is done, then you can choose what modified kexts to be installed based on the motherboard. In this case,

• Removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: required for every Hac
  • Adding dsmos: required for every Hac
  • Replacing AppleSMBIOS: required for every Hac
  • Replacing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: required for every Hac with Intel GMA 950
  • Adding ALCinject and replacing AppleHDA: required for every Hac with Realtek ALC888

With PowerPC processor, I think there's one obvious problem, which is the EFI installation on the HDD because executable binary startupfiletool is not universal. You may want to try running this binary without arguments on iBook to see if it runs or not. If it works, you may try because dumping installation image on to your HDD doesn't require anything but HDD connected to iBook. It is not working on PowerPC processors. ("Bad CPU type in executable") If not, you need to do what others do; use BrazilMac, iATKOS, or Kalyway DVD to boot up the hackintosh, open Terminal, and install the EFI.

--S

P.S. Just out of curiosity, where are you gonna get GA-945GCMX-S2?

• Removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: required for every Hac
  • Adding dsmos: required for every Hac
  • Replacing AppleSMBIOS: required for every Hac
  • Replacing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer: required for every Hac with Intel GMA 950
  • Adding ALCinject and replacing AppleHDA: required for every Hac with Realtek ALC888

Thank you, Stravaganza! This is exactly what I was hoping for, that is a clearly written list of kexts needed for GA-945GCMX-S2. What is the best source of the above mentioned kexts? Btw. is it the kext for Intel GMA 950 which introduces the blinking effect you mentioned in your earlier post? How irritating this blinking is? I am asking for you personal judgement.

Is it correct to say that sleep/reboot/shutdown depend on graphics card? If so, what is the situation with GMA 950 chipset?

With PowerPC processor, I think there's one obvious problem, which is the EFI installation on the HDD because executable binary startupfiletool is not universal.

I can do it from a certain Intel iMac I have access to. And alternatively, as you said, ...

If not, you need to do what others do; use BrazilMac, iATKOS, or Kalyway DVD to boot up the hackintosh, open Terminal, and install the EFI.

Is it important to run EFI startupfiletool from Leopard or could it be equally well done from Tiger?

P.S. Just out of curiosity, where are you gonna get GA-945GCMX-S2?

They have this mobo in some shops, as well as on a local version of e-bay. The price of a new one is around 45 Euro (=approx. 60 USD) including VAT. There is also a similar board GA-945GCM-S2L but it has a sound card ALC662 instead of ALC888. Is it a good mobo for Hac or should it be avoided?

What is the best source of the above mentioned kexts? Btw. is it the kext for Intel GMA 950 which introduces the blinking effect you mentioned in your earlier post? How irritating this blinking is? I am asking for you personal judgement.

Is it correct to say that sleep/reboot/shutdown depend on graphics card? If so, what is the situation with GMA 950 chipset?

The sources are
  • EFI v8.0 from pc_efi_V80 link in #leopard room of irc.osx86.hu IRC server
  • dsmos.kext from BrazilMAC (31 Oct 2007 version) leopatch folder
  • AppleSMBIOS.kext linked at Netkas blog
  • AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from BrazilMAC (31 Oct 2007 version) leopatch folder
  • ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext from skippyretard package

Some of these are also linked in my signature. The above kext for Intel GMA 950 solves the constant mouse tearing problem but introduces rare random black squares. By moving mouse to these black squares, you can make them go away. It it completely tolerable for me. Every once in a while (like once in two months), I am tempted to buy an nVidia card though. With these, you will get Sleep, Wake, and Shutdown. If you use

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext from REBOOT FIX link in #leopard room of irc.osx86.hu IRC server

you also get a working Restart. If your keyboard and mouse interfaces are USB, just use whatever in AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS instead of replacing the original with the whole kext.

Is it important to run EFI startupfiletool from Leopard or could it be equally well done from Tiger?
I do not know the answer. But somehow my gut tells me no.
There is also a similar board GA-945GCM-S2L but it has a sound card ALC662 instead of ALC888. Is it a good mobo for Hac or should it be avoided?
It's a good motherboard. You will not get a Gigabit ethernet and 6 channel audio though. I believe only stereo works with that motherboard. (By the way, you are not from Uden, The Netherlands, are you?)

--S

QUOTE(rraleighh @ Feb 17 2008, 05:54 PM) post_snapback.gifIs it important to run EFI startupfiletool from Leopard or could it be equally well done from Tiger?I do not know the answer. But somehow my gut tells me no.

I ran it from Tiger (Intel MacBook) installing on external disk. Worked fine.

I need help ;\ I got a GA-945GCMX-S2 Rev 6.6 board and all is working just fine! The issue is with audio. I can only get 3 port plus digital working. I can also get 6 port with NO Digital. 6 Port with Digital will not work for me. I have used the skippyretard thing and done all I can think of. If anyone has a HDA kext they can hook me up with, or some advice. I could SERIOUSLY use the help! I am running Bios F6c, E6600 processor, 2 gigs OCZ PC 800 DDR2 memory, 500 Gig SATA drive. Slot Pioneer IDE DVD drive, XFX 450M 7900GS 256 Meg Video. Everything else works. Running 10.5.2 with Sleep, Restart, and Shutdown. Waking from sleep is a little slow (5-10 seconds) and EFI Strings didn't speed it up.

Anyways PLEASE help with the sound. You will be my BEST FRIEND FOREVER!

I ran it from Tiger (Intel MacBook) installing on external disk. Worked fine.

Whoops, what I mean was "no, it's not important." Any progress, betzalel?

--S

Hi guys,

reading this topic I've dediced to buy all the items to build my first hackitosh. I've bought all this:

• Motherboard Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 rev 6.6, BIOS ver F6c
  • Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
  • Memory 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800 (running 667MHz)
  • Hard Samsung 500 GB SATA
  • Optical Samsung SH-S203B DVD±RW SATA
  • Nvidia 7900 GTX 512MB PCI-EX.

About 72 hours ago, I've started the adventure to install the osx (leopard), but I've found a lot of problems. First of all, reading the Ontrack guide, I haven't found anything about the way to set in the bios the ahci compatibility. I've been able, gaming with bios settings and using a ps2 keyboard and a mighty mouse (strangely it doesn't function with an apple usb keyboard as I've read in verbose mode), to make the Kalyway boot prepare cd for Leopard to start and create the journaled partition for leopard. Restarting I've used the Brazil patched DVD but it stops with the line "IOProviderClassIOResourcesIOResourceMatchboot-uuid-media".

I guess that I've to tweak the bios (please tell me if I've to change other settings) and connect my sata devices in the right way (now I've put hdd and DVD on sata 0,2 master and slave; if I put hdd on sata0 (master) and dvd on sata1 (master), nothing changes.

Please help me with my installation. I've tried a lot of things and I've read a lot of topics with any success. Thanks.

Biox78,

You basically have one of the most compatible mobos to run osx86 on. Just do some more reading. Also, there is no AHCI mode for that mobo.

-Stell

Hi guys,

reading this topic I've dediced to buy all the items to build my first hackitosh. I've bought all this:

• Motherboard Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 rev 6.6, BIOS ver F6c
  • Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
  • Memory 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800 (running 667MHz)
  • Hard Samsung 500 GB SATA
  • Optical Samsung SH-S203B DVD±RW SATA
  • Nvidia 7900 GTX 512MB PCI-EX.

About 72 hours ago, I've started the adventure to install the osx (leopard), but I've found a lot of problems. First of all, reading the Ontrack guide, I haven't found anything about the way to set in the bios the ahci compatibility. I've been able, gaming with bios settings and using a ps2 keyboard and a mighty mouse (strangely it doesn't function with an apple usb keyboard as I've read in verbose mode), to make the Kalyway boot prepare cd for Leopard to start and create the journaled partition for leopard. Restarting I've used the Brazil patched DVD but it stops with the line "IOProviderClassIOResourcesIOResourceMatchboot-uuid-media".

I guess that I've to tweak the bios (please tell me if I've to change other settings) and connect my sata devices in the right way (now I've put hdd and DVD on sata 0,2 master and slave; if I put hdd on sata0 (master) and dvd on sata1 (master), nothing changes.

Please help me with my installation. I've tried a lot of things and I've read a lot of topics with any success. Thanks.

Hey everyone ; )

I have a fully succesful install (Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 upgrade):

1. MOBO: asus p5b (normal)

2. CPU: e4600@stock

3. 2gb ddr2 800

4. GPU: 8800gt (xfx alpha dog) 512mb

5. external dvdrw (LGE)

6. 2xSATA 320gb Seagate drives

7. External usb drive (200gb samsung)

8. usb mouse + usb keyboard

What went good:

- disk formatting/partitioning,

- installation (almost - I had to install WITHOUT the graphic drivers or it freezed after restart),

- first run (only 1024x768 without gfx drivers)

- upgrade to 10.5.2 (flawless)

- installation of gf 8xxx series .kext's (gfx runs with everything turned on now - no glitches in final cut) + opengl + nvinject

- installation of ethernet / sound (azalia hd audio) / second ethernet / jmicron controller - went all good and booted good,

What went/is wrong:

- freeze after reboot when installed drivers for nvidia from kalyway package (10.5.1) - had to install without gfx

- the system has problems with shutdown.. (turns off disk power/monitor/gfx but doesn't shut down the mobo) once in a while...

- the drivers for gf8800gt are still a beta and the system TURNS ON very slowly (3-4 minutes) - it halts on the drivers for a while (doesn't use the disk and so on... a normal halt) ...and suddenly it goes on...

- i'm too lame to set up multiboot on two drives by myself and need help/resources for that ;)))

I did it thanks to this forum!!! :D

Thanks everyone ...

Mike

Hey,

I followed Onetracks guide back in December, had a few problems with my DS3 mobo and PATA DVD Drive so got the same mobo as Onetrack and a SATA Optical Drive. Everything worked straight out of the box. I didn't change any bios settings for the mobo, I followed the guide word for word and it booted straight to the welcome screens.

I booted it using the onboard VGA display as I have a 512 7900GTO which I needed to flash before it would work. I flashed the card using the nvinject method and now bootloader sees the full 512 VRam.

I was putting off updating to 10.5.1 but decided to go ahead last weekend, however the update was 10.5.2. So I clicked install and halfway through the install the screen went grey and it said I needed to restart my computer.

On booting back up I kept getting the grey screen and the restart message. I tried repairing the permissions but that didnt work either. So I reinstalled from scratch.

Has anyone else had this problem with 10.5.2?

I've experienced a few other little niggles which I will try to recreate and post screens, nothing major though.

See the screens of my install below

mac01.png

mac02.png

Hi,

could you tell me which settings in bios you have used? Have you used a ps/2 keyboard and a usb mouse? In which way have I to set my sata devices (channel 0 or 1). I know that my mobo is compatible and for this reason I've choosen it, but in this moment I can't able to proceed. Do you think that it's better to remove the nvidia vga and proceed in the installation only with the integrated vga? Thanks for your help.

Biox78,

You basically have one of the most compatible mobos to run osx86 on. Just do some more reading. Also, there is no AHCI mode for that mobo.

-Stell

Will someone please please please Help me :\ I have emailed, I have asked in 4 different topics about this board. I have waited patiently. I even sent on PM's to experts. I have been ignored. I need sound help PLEASE!

Hi,

could you tell me which settings in bios you have used? Have you used a ps/2 keyboard and a usb mouse? In which way have I to set my sata devices (channel 0 or 1). I know that my mobo is compatible and for this reason I've choosen it, but in this moment I can't able to proceed. Do you think that it's better to remove the nvidia vga and proceed in the installation only with the integrated vga? Thanks for your help.

Hi, I used a usb keyboard and mouse. I can check what channels my sata connections are tonight. Are you sure you've got a properly prepared brazilmac disk? I could install using either nvidia card or vga but wouldnt boot into leopard until i flash my 512 card. It booted fine with the on board vga though.

Hi,

firstly I've used my apple usb keyboard and mouse, but darwin stops with the message error "waiting for ps/2 keyboard". I've a nvidia 7900gto 512mb too, but I haven't flashed the rom. Could it cause my installation matters? I'm wainting for your bios settings to retry with the installation. I've downloaded the brazil_patched_dvd from torrent and burned it 2x...I guess it functions. Thanks.

Hi,

firstly I've used my apple usb keyboard and mouse, but darwin stops with the message error "waiting for ps/2 keyboard". I've a nvidia 7900gto 512mb too, but I haven't flashed the rom. Could it cause my installation matters? I'm wainting for your bios settings to retry with the installation. I've downloaded the brazil_patched_dvd from torrent and burned it 2x...I guess it functions. Thanks.

Hi biox78,

While I don't think you have a right ISO image of BrazilMAC patched DVD, here are a few troubleshooting suggestions.

• Reset the BIOS with default values.
  • Make your DVD drive be the first bootable device.
  • Do not put your video card on the motherboard, i.e. use on-board video.
  • Connect only USB keyboard and mouse (meaning do not connect PS/2 devices).
  • Do not accept the overclock suggestion of the system, if any, when it boots up.

If you still see a message of "Waiting for PS/2 keyboard", you probably got a wrong ISO image. (The name of this ISO image should read "Leo_Patched_DVD.iso" not "brazil_patched_dvd". If you have a right DVD, you also should see "Mac OS X Install Disc x86" once you press F8 when the machine boots.) If there's no problem, I am sure you can find the source of the problem by putting back devices or changing BIOS values one by one. Really there's nothing speical about BIOS value setting with this motherboard. Good luck.

--S

The sources are
  • EFI v8.0 from pc_efi_V80 link in #leopard room of irc.osx86.hu IRC server
  • dsmos.kext from BrazilMAC (31 Oct 2007 version) leopatch folder
  • AppleSMBIOS.kext linked at Netkas blog
  • AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from BrazilMAC (31 Oct 2007 version) leopatch folder
  • ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext from skippyretard package

As usual, a very useful answer, thank you, Stravaganza! Do I need one more kext for the on-board IDE controller?

The above kext for Intel GMA 950 solves the constant mouse tearing problem but introduces rare random black squares. By moving mouse to these black squares, you can make them go away. It it completely tolerable for me. Every once in a while (like once in two months), I am tempted to buy an nVidia card though. With these, you will get Sleep, Wake, and Shutdown.

The key reason I do not want to buy a graphics card is that at the moment I do not want to study the topic of graphics cards themselves and on the top of it, I do not want to investigate the question of compatibilty with Leopard. However, if you thought about it, maybe you know a good candidate(s) within the range of 120 USD? I would prefer to buy a new card and it seems, that for example, it is not that easy here to find a new 7900gs, however there are new 7300gt, 7600gs as well as 8600gt. Which one, not necessarily from the list, seems to be the least problematic from the point of view of performance and compatibility?

If your keyboard and mouse interfaces are USB, just use whatever in AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS instead of replacing the original with the whole kext.

My keyboard and mouse are wireless USB (Logitech). I do not understand what I have to do in such a case. What should I do with the original kext if I do not want to replace it? Btw, if the wireless seems to be problematic, I have also an original Apple PowerMac G4 wired keyboard and a generic USB mouse.

1. Do I need one more kext for the on-board IDE controller?

2. The key reason I do not want to buy a graphics card is that at the moment I do not want to study the topic of graphics cards themselves and on the top of it, I do not want to investigate the question of compatibilty with Leopard.

3. My keyboard and mouse are wireless USB (Logitech). I do not understand what I have to do in such a case. What should I do with the original kext if I do not want to replace it?

Hi rraleighh,

I appreciate your kind comment. You are very kind. :(

1. As far as I know, you do not need any modified kexts regarding SATA and IDE controllers. The AppleACPIPlatform.kext that I mentioned above deals with Restart problem only.
  2. That's a good idea. It's not late to buy a graphics card after your hackintosh perfectly runs with the on-board graphics. If you are willing to buy a graphics card, I suggest nVidia 76xx(~79xx) with 256MB RAM. They are cheap, bloody good (not for gamers) and problem free with NVinject (Hail to Gotoh).
  3. What I mean is overwrite the binary AppleACPIPlatform in AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS of the origianl kext with that of the modified kext. Then you will get Restart fix. (The word fix sounds funny today.)

--S

Hello guys, can you help me to make any osx86 to work on my notebook Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi1554? It's intel core2duo - 2ghz, 2gb ram, 2x160 gb hdd/sata-via 6421 chipset, ati x1900 (1920x1200 display). I tried to install JAS, UPHUCK, iATKOS, KALYWAY, but Non of them could see my hard drive in disk utility, cos my sata chipset. Is there any solution for that. please help

Items you will need:

1 USB Flash drive (that you know the volume NAME of) NOT formatted as NTFS - IMPORTANT!

If the flash key is ntfs, the installer will not see it. Format as Fat32 first, then put the files you need on it.

On the USB key, put the following items, unzip where needed.

pc_efi V5.2 (its the latest)

NOTE PC_EFI V7 is now out and includes grub - we are testing this solution to see if we need the kalyway disk still

dsmos.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

NVinject for Leopard (only if you have an Nvidia based card, if not - ignore any references in the guide to NVinject)

1 Copy of a properly prepared Brazilmac disk

1 Copy of the Kalyway boot prepare cd for Leopard

Hi Onetrack!

Thanks for the instructions. I'm going to follow them for sure! :( I have a 10.5.1 build running on a AMD box, but it's crashed on me once already after an uptime of less than 2 days. And at first it would use my Fusion webcam, but now seems to think it's in use all the time!!! (a whole other issue I guess)

I want to try out your setup, but here's the thing; I'm pretty good with systems, and I'm not overly new to torrents and searches. But there are so many Kalyway and Brazilmac torrents out there, how am I supposed to know what ones to get? It's exhausting downloading 4+ GB iso's only to find out that you got the wrong one again.

Can anyone at least help me with that much? :)

Thanks

((maybe I'm just not reading close enough, but I did read the OP like 20 times now))

Hi guys!

I got my Leopard installed, only thingy is that I have to boot with tohkernel cpus=1 to work. I am running on a Dell Dimension 9150.

Question:

1. I installed Vanilla Kernel, but I have to use Tohkernel cpus=1 am I on vanilla or Tohkernel.. sorry been out of touch for 2 years on OSX since my 10.4.8

2. Am I running only on one cpu out of my DuoCore?

3. I am using Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD, stable, everything runs fine, just feel somethin's missing after seeing the guide done by you guys!

4. Can I run The Official Update to 10.5.2 via software update?

Some help will be much appreciated to kickstart this old OSX86 User :lol:

Regards,

Ben