Weird account problem

djet

3 posts in this topic

I obtained a problem earlier in my mac's lifetime that I sorta have left going, but now I want it gone. What happened is that somehow an account got added to my Mac called FTPuser. This wouldn't be hard to delete except, I can't get in the account pane of my system preferences.....it just gets stuck loading pane. I've tried deleting the actual folder for the account but it didn't work. Is there a way I can delete it from Terminal or something?

That is odd. Is FTP access on? You can see this by checking the sharing tab in System Prefs.

You can try running System Prefs as root with Pseudo and see if that allows you access (this will give you root access, so deletion shouldn't be a problem). If so, there is a problem in your library folder. If not, then there is a problem within the application itself

• 3 months later...

Browsing through the topics and found this one. If anyone ever looked at this with same problem, I eventually had to reinstall the system onto my computer....I think. Either that or I had to copy all my files to an external harddrive then wipe my computer......it worked though.