new setup, all working?

2 posts in this topic

I know many people post these, but I just wanted to make sure all this hardware would work.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishli...tNumber=5263334

I was planning on buying a normal mac for Christmas, but I saw the hackintosh article on lifehacker and decided I would see how much cheaper I could get get what I wanted by using normal pc hardware. My list is about $500 cheaper and the cpu, ram, and video card are much better than what I was planning on getting plus I threw in LOTS of extras. I researched the parts and my first conclusion was that they should work out of the box with Leopard, that is what I am going for. Also, I'll probably get a Miglia TV Micro Express eventually but I hear those work well.

As far as the stuff I plan to do with it, I do graphic work as a hobby, and I also game, so here are the main apps I'd like to use:

Photoshop

Modo

and also:

Oblivion

World of Warcraft

Ventrilo

I can't think of anything else that is major or I wouldn't set up on an Archlinux partition.

Anyways, does anyone see anything on this list that pops out at you as a piece of hardware that will cause issues or needs special attention?