10.5.1 is out!

laatmaarzien

21 posts in this topic

This just showed up in my System Updates

The 10.5.1 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306907.

For detailed information on security updates, please visit this website:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798.

What's included?

The following improvements for both PowerPC and Intel-based Macs are included in this update

AirPort

Allows password-protected accounts on AirPort Disks to show up on in the Finder's Shared Sidebar.

Resolves an issue with saved passwords for wireless networks.

Back to My Mac

Improves the reliability of Back to My Mac-enabled Macs appearing in the Finder's Shared Sidebar.

Improves compatibility with D-Link NAT gateways.

Disk utilities

Restores the functionality of the progress bar during permission repairs in Disk Utility.

Addresses an issue that could produce an alert when creating disk images using Disk Utility or Terminal.

Improves disk partitioning when multiple RAID sets are created on the same disk.

iCal

iCal alarms are now more reliably delivered via email.

Resolves an issue when inviting attendees via a CalDAV account.

Mail

Improves stability when resizing columns in the message viewer or switching between Stationery templates in email messages.

Addresses an issue in which attachments enclosed inside an HTML link may not be clickable in email messages.

Fixes an issue with email accounts added using the "Simple Setup" feature in which messages cannot be sent due to an SMTP connection failure.

Improves Smart Mailboxes compatibility with .Mac Sync, and addresses an issue with To Do's disappearing when using Smart Mailboxes.

Resolves an issue with syncing Mail accounts with .Mac in which multiple On My Mac folders appear in the Mailbox pane.

Networking

Addresses an issue in which Microsoft Windows shared folders may be read-only when connected via SMB.

Printing

Resolves an issue in which user-selected values on Paper Feed PDE are reset to default while saving a custom preset.

Security, Firewall

Addresses a code signing issue; third-party applications can now run when included in the Application Firewall or when whitelisted in Parental Controls.

In Security preferences' Firewall tab, the "Block All" option is now called "Allow Only essential services"

Includes recent Apple security updates.

System and Finder

Addresses a potential data loss issue when moving files across partitions in the Finder.

Resolves an issue with login after turning off FileVault for a specific user account.

Improves compatibility with Adobe Flash-based uploaders used by .Mac Web Gallery and certain other websites and applications.

Resolves a potential text drawing issue with certain Adobe Flash-based websites and applications.

Time Machine

Addresses formatting issues with certain drives used with Time Machine (specifically, single-partition MBR drives greater than 512 GB in size as well as NTFS drives of any size and partition scheme).

Resolves an issue in which files restored in Time Machine may be restored to the backup hierarchy rather than the folders to which they belong.

The 10.5.1 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306907.

For detailed information on security updates, please visit this website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798.

Cheers,

arubinst

Not here mate. Working flawlessly

Well, {censored}. What is your setup? Me, I've got EFI v4, and have installed/replaced these kexts: AppleSMBIOS, IONetworking, dsmos. I replaced SMBIO to fix About this Mac, IONetworking to fix Time Machine, and installed dsmos to make the whole thing work. Oh, and I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, and AppleEFIRuntime.

Hi!

Tonight I did my first installation of 10.5 with the ToH DVD.

Everything went smooth.

After I've installed I saw that the update 10.5.1 had arrived so

I give the EFI installation a try.

When I was finished with that the guide i followed

told me that if the EFI installation was successful Geekbench

now would show my OSx86 machine as an "MAC" not an "Hackintosh"

I Downloaded Geekbench 2 but it show "Hackintosh"

I cursed and said, what the heck, lets try that update anyway.

To my surprise, it worked.

I now have 10.5.1 and geek-bench still shows "Hackintosh"

Doesn't the update require the Vanilla kernel or is my EFI

correct installed and Geekbench still knows it's an Hackintosh????

CLICK HERE TO SEE THIS

Very curios.. so answer quick.

//Olof

PAKAYA'[/size] post='507366' date='Nov 15 2007, 12:49 PM']updated with out a problem!! Wow. EFI emulation rocks.

you the biggest {censored} pussy ever, PAKAYA you blocked me from PMing you just cause i asked for some files...all you had to do is to say you couldn't send them...you didnt have to be an {censored} and go as far a blocking me...you {censored} pussy!!!

Updated to 10.5.1 through Apple Software Update on a Gigabyte DS3 with EFI, but had to replace the kernel with ToH`s to boot up.

All hardware seems to work ok, no post-update procedures needed except replacing the kernel.

Got iWork going again after updating video card drivers! Me is happy with 10.5.1 now. :)

:) :censored2: :censored2:

Wow, you know what, if you'd have asked nicely here on the board, I would have personally hosted them on my own web server for you to download. But since you've gotta take an attitude like that, forget it.

That was quick after the release, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad. I reckon good, because you can't know if your program fully works untill it's thouroughly tested by alot of people.