[Poll] On our logo...

Swad

On our logo...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the OSx86 Project change its logo?

• No, it's great the way it is.
    • Yes, update it to the Tiger X.
    • Yes, update it to the new Dual Core logo.
    • Scrap it and come up with something new.

7 posts in this topic

Do you all like our logo? I thought in light of the new Macintels that some may think it's time for an update, possibly to something like those found in this thread. I love our current logo, but I'm always open to improvement, if it's needed. Our current logo has been copied enough that a lot of people must love it...

So what do you think? Change it or keep it the way it is? Let your voice be heard.

Do you all like our logo? I thought in light of the new Macintels that some may think it's time for an update, possibly to something like those found in this thread. I love our current logo, but I'm always open to improvement, if it's needed. Our current logo has been copied enough that a lot of people must love it...

So what do you think? Change it or keep it the way it is? Let your voice be heard.

A while ago I already stated this in another thread, I don't really like the old logo. But it is still much better than the new creations in my opinion. The new creations contain the term "osx86". How is this to be pronounced? OS ten eighty-six? What sense does that make?

But, nevertheless, I'm writing this to warn you about legal issues with the new logos. That SUBMarcus guy said they're open source. Yet, they CANNOT be open-source, because they include or even center on Intel's name, and only Intel itself has the right to that name. That the sketches do not copy from any of Intel's official logos and thus don't contain any original artwork doesn't matter at all in this respect.

Yeah, I agree quixos - change for change's sake usually sucks.

I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. And yeah, we couldn't use the new Dual Core icons exactly since I'm sure they're trademarked.

Although, come to think of it, I'm sure Apple has the rights to the stylized X we're using too...

Yeah, I agree quixos - change for change's sake usually sucks.

I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. And yeah, we couldn't use the new Dual Core icons exactly since I'm sure they're trademarked.

Although, come to think of it, I'm sure Apple has the rights to the stylized X we're using too...

I pulled a supposed royalty free clone to make it. So unless they stole it from Apple we should be good.