UpHuck....WTF

marcfantastic

50 posts in this topic

Why announce a release date of Nov 9 and not follow it? You knew you probably weren't going to release your build by the 9th days before. You wait till the day of release to say "oh it's not done, we need to include more updates blah blah blah". Now you don't even have an idea of when your release is coming out or at least one your not sharing with the community. Release what you had as a RC1 or something and let people f with it. Make your so called more updated version the next release. Don't tell people when your project is going to be done and then don't deliver. Of course someone is going to say oh well uphuck and team doesnt have to do anything! Yes that's true but who gives an f. Someone else would come up with their own build and take uphuck's place. Either release it or don't and let someone else make their own. I'm tired of being teased by this supposed holy grail of leopard releases.

Lighten up, Francis!

This work is being done as a hobby, by people who are not asking you for anything in return. The least you can do is be patient, and not have a public hissy fit about it being 3 days late.

What's your friggin hurry anyways? Afraid you won't be the first amongst your geek buddies to have OS X 5.0 or something? I have it on my real PPC Mac, and believe me, it isn't all that great. I wouldn't dream of installing OSX86 5.0 anyways - 5.1 will be out shortly.

Relax, go outside, get a girlfriend or something! It will be ready when it's ready.

This gave me the best chuckle I've had in ages. although I really should be wearing my stern face & suggesting that people show respect for the work of others, but....

LOL... why on earth are you waiting for uphuck? and then getting angry about non-delivery??? as it stands ToH is either out or about to release its RC3 with fixed (what was it? basesystem.pkg?) after a less-than-perfect rc2. uphuck/iATKOS is stuck, as we see, and any number of single people & small groups are producing cottage-industry DVDs either as full discs or as patchkits.

In a sense, this is a return to the good old days, only better, with the excellent work of more devs than ever before bringing easy installation of leopard ever closer, rather than the hero-worship & endless nagging at 1 or 2 people for fixes, drivers & help, as was before.

So either you can dive in (your first leopard installer dvd need only be a matter of swapping out 6-10 files) learn something, and be part of the solution, or sit & whine that "your brand" of installer isn't out yet, whilst others are happily running their machines in 1/2 doz. different ways & making little discoveries all the time.

another thing is that folks who can't hack these install disk(like myself) should be grateful that other people are making this possible.... i'm actually astonished that this much support exist for this osx86 platform (as opposed to a legit/legal).be cool, it'll happen. if you can,t get your hardware going ..i'm sure with enough research and time you're gonna get it going.........btw sorry, i can't help you though!!! :)

People berating the devs like this is the reason that so many of the truly gifted have "retired" because some people just don't have a clue. Be patient, do it yourself, try another method or just buy a damn Mac and get on with your life, heck he is probably 12 anyway and wants to get it installed so he can show that he is a L33T HaXxOr to all his friends while calling the work his own.

Just my 2c.

Nobody like to wait for it either. But, it's not like you're paying for it either. I can understand if you preordered or something but my gosh...lighten up. And they are adding the EFI capablity that didn't come into maturity but days before the release...from my understanding at least. So they're making the release 10 times better...they're just making sure it's going to be compatible and easy to install. Leopard is available for install right now if you'd like to be up all night making it work for your machine. Otherwise, hush, and let the people that know what they're doing do what they do.

tell the truth, you were drunk when you wrote that? :)

personally i'm waiting till mac.nub puts out a leo. god bless uphuck

and his work but i like a cleaner copy to start with.

Why announce a release date of Nov 9 and not follow it? You knew you probably weren't going to release your build by the 9th days before. You wait till the day of release to say "oh it's not done, we need to include more updates blah blah blah". Now you don't even have an idea of when your release is coming out or at least one your not sharing with the community. Release what you had as a RC1 or something and let people f with it. Make your so called more updated version the next release. Don't tell people when your project is going to be done and then don't deliver. Of course someone is going to say oh well uphuck and team doesnt have to do anything! Yes that's true but who gives an f. Someone else would come up with their own build and take uphuck's place. Either release it or don't and let someone else make their own. I'm tired of being teased by this supposed holy grail of leopard releases.

i wait for iatkos too since 9th nov but i sure the uphuck team have a good reasons to take a time.

i prefer wait some day and have an easy and stable install of leo compatible with see2 cpu.

thanks and respect the uphuck team for their great works.

yea i bet he wont post in this thread after everyone having good reasons as why he is being a complete retard. dumbass just wait it out ive been waiting as none others have worked but what do i do? i go out and have a life. listen to music. talk to friends/girls. uphuck is being nice enough to do this {censored} so your over here crying like a baby why dont you go make a DVD right now. i want to see how well you can do with it. your prob just 12 years old and trying to prove your 1337 to your friends or some {censored} {censored} like that. {censored}

Lighten up, Francis!

This work is being done as a hobby, by people who are not asking you for anything in return. The least you can do is be patient, and not have a public hissy fit about it being 3 days late.

What's your friggin hurry anyways? Afraid you won't be the first amongst your geek buddies to have OS X 5.0 or something? I have it on my real PPC Mac, and believe me, it isn't all that great. I wouldn't dream of installing OSX86 5.0 anyways - 5.1 will be out shortly.

Relax, go outside, get a girlfriend or something! It will be ready when it's ready.

very well said

I hope Uphuck is able to put in AMD support. *crosses fingers*

I don't think he's going to. I believe he'll be releasing an Intel version first then a few weeks later he'll release an AMD version, much like last time.

Anyways, Tiger is better than XP was to me and much better than Vista. So I can wait forever honestly, I don't even care much, though uphuck forever has my respect for making these excellent distros.

The person who started this thread most likely does not respect uphuck for his work or troubles in making these distros and taking the time to share them with us. It's sad however because the day iATKOS is released he'll go and download it and brag to his "1337 ub3r h4x0r" friends and again not show any respect to uphuck at all.

Also I suggest a staff member or moderator close this thread because it's really just an open flame war now and not really needed nor appropiate.

He's holding the release so that it can use the new EFI developments and run a more stable Apple Kernel, I think.

If thats the case... I'm happy to wait. Running Apple Kernel is what we're all trying to do here and if he can simplify the process... I'm happy running TOH while he figures it out.

I don't think he's going to. I believe he'll be releasing an Intel version first then a few weeks later he'll release an AMD version, much like last time.

Anyways, Tiger is better than XP was to me and much better than Vista. So I can wait forever honestly, I don't even care much, though uphuck forever has my respect for making these excellent distros.

The person who started this thread most likely does not respect uphuck for his work or troubles in making these distros and taking the time to share them with us. It's sad however because the day iATKOS is released he'll go and download it and brag to his "1337 ub3r h4x0r" friends and again not show any respect to uphuck at all.

Also I suggest a staff member or moderator close this thread because it's really just an open flame war now and not really needed nor appropiate.

Dude!!! What war ? :( We're just talking here as normal people.

Srimp: it's borderline.. I've trashed a couple of the more rabid posts.

Just keep it civil folks, & you'll be fine... generally, there is the "report" function if you feel something needs the attention of the staff. Please feel free to use it.

oh & flibblesan: normal people {censored} & moan at things being delayed all the time.. Just look at the number of topics about the lateness of Leo, or even vista. Better still, try a restaurant when people's meals aren't ready in time.