NVIDIA cards in LEO yet?

ptesone

90 posts in this topic

I have a MSI 512mb 7600GS with a flashed rom and everything worked out of the box with the BrazilMac patched DVD installer. I'm wondering if BrazilMac adds kexts to the DVD install disk. Otherwise, I have full support (haven't tried sleep because I never use it) with no external kexts.

afaik they are just normal kexts with some IDs on... no?

done

yeah....

I believe they're the original Lepoard kext's and apparently that does makes a difference. . .

yeah as in it works? or yeah as it didn't work? or yeah I already tried that?

I finally got my 6200TC PCI-E card to work the way it used to work for me in Tiger (under Natit Dual), in Leopard.

It seemed like no matter what I did or which nVidia driver I tried (nvinject, natit, titan, etc), it would always boot with just a blue screen (though with a higher resolution than the standard 1024x768 -- I would guess it loaded as 1600x1200). Then I had to reboot into single user mode and delete whatever kext I had just tried in order to get it to boot all the way again.

I don't know why this worked, but I tried everything else already, so I figured what the hell, and tried this. I installed the Universal GeForce thingy from this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=436600

After I installed that, I rebooted, and I got the full resolutions, but no dual screen. So then I installed the Natit Dual 0.2 kext, rebooted, and I got everything I wanted!

Previous to this point, I did do an install of the ToH RC2, then before applying any patches, I updated to 10.5.1, then did the EFI v5 update, then replaced the kernel with the new 10.5.1 mach_toh kernel. I don't know if doing any of these things had anything to do with making my dual screens work again, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Now I just have to fix my Logitech USB mouse issues (keeps randomly freezing, then resuming), and then I'll have a fully-functional Leopard 5.1 install :-)

Edit: Nevermind -- turns out that this is an incomplete/crappy solution. While I do have dual screen and resolution changing support, QE/CI are not supported in this method, so it's basically worthless anyway.

Lord_muad_dib I deleted all the geforce* extensions and with my devid entered in leo nvdaresman and nvdanv40hal I actually get RES change without using tiger kexts or being in safe mode btw I'm also running titan perhaps suggesting the prblem lies with geforce.kext

well i have some news, i've mixed and matched some tiger and leo kexts and got qe/ci going on leopard with my card however it doesnt work properly yet, ill do some more tinkering and post my results in system profiler it says its on so that means that somethings working!!

lord_muad_dib, drag GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce from Tiger over to ur leopard installation just overwriting this particular file and you will get qe/ci although it doesnt work properly, screen savers n stuff stay black, i think dvd player works and frontrow doesnt, but this shows that it should work and just doesnt

i just discovered this doesnt really work at all, all the qe/ci requiring apps run however you are just left w/ a black screen or white screen where something should be shown

post-8451-1195771534_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how to enable 1680x1050 under Leo with a Geforce 7300GT ?

I've literally got a fresh install (Real Leo DVD patched with BrazilMac patch) and just installed the latest NvInject kext - this gives me full acceleration etc.. and plenty of resolutions (up to 1600x1200 i think) but I can't see 1680x1050 which is native for my LCD B)

Yes yes....I tried it and works.....did the NVinject thing...followed everything.... nothing only the same blue screen with the mouse cursor....after many installs....finaly found your post and thought "why not....lets give it a try".....finally 1280x1024 (85hz) and even a 1600x1200 (only 75hz) possible on my gforceFX 5700 LE .....ignore the tigeronly warning insite it! :thumbsup_anim:

I finally got my 6200TC PCI-E card to work the way it used to work for me in Tiger (under Natit Dual), in Leopard.

It seemed like no matter what I did or which nVidia driver I tried (nvinject, natit, titan, etc), it would always boot with just a blue screen (though with a higher resolution than the standard 1024x768 -- I would guess it loaded as 1600x1200). Then I had to reboot into single user mode and delete whatever kext I had just tried in order to get it to boot all the way again.

I don't know why this worked, but I tried everything else already, so I figured what the hell, and tried this. I installed the Universal GeForce thingy from this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=436600

After I installed that, I rebooted, and I got the full resolutions, but no dual screen. So then I installed the Natit Dual 0.2 kext, rebooted, and I got everything I wanted!

Previous to this point, I did do an install of the ToH RC2, then before applying any patches, I updated to 10.5.1, then did the EFI v5 update, then replaced the kernel with the new 10.5.1 mach_toh kernel. I don't know if doing any of these things had anything to do with making my dual screens work again, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Now I just have to fix my Logitech USB mouse issues (keeps randomly freezing, then resuming), and then I'll have a fully-functional Leopard 5.1 install :-)

Edit: Nevermind -- turns out that this is an incomplete/crappy solution. While I do have dual screen and resolution changing support, QE/CI are not supported in this method, so it's basically worthless anyway.

I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 and it works great! Just used the Titan.kext that someone modified specifically for the geforce fx 5200. I don't remember where i got it though ;) I know it was somewhere on these forums though

I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 and it works great! Just used the Titan.kext that someone modified specifically for the geforce fx 5200. I don't remember where i got it though :D I know it was somewhere on these forums though

Aww c'mon, give me more info! srsly.

to all:

Here's the deal, from my experience NVinject conflicts with the Natit under Leopard 10.5.1 - I had a ToH install, but then I BrazilMac patched it anyways. Not sure how much that changes ToH with video kexts, tho.

I guess if you've BrazilMac patched, the solution needs to be a Tiger based one.

However, I have "support" for QE - does the mean hardware? Is that software as I suspect, or is my situation pci limited?

Also, the opengl acceleration borks itunes viz... so something is not fully right and I think I need to tweek:

GeForce FX 5200:

Chipset Model: GeForce FX 5200

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0322

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

LTV-27w2:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

does anyone know if a GeForce 6200 256 PCI (not pci-e) card will work with Leopard (or Tiger for that matter). I have Tiger installed successfully using Intel's 865g Intergraded graphics (no CE or Gl of course) and i'm thinking about getting a GeForce 6200 card. Its has to be a PCI because I don't have a motherboard that has any AGP or PCI-E slots.

On Leo is better to use NVinject, but in some cases Natit could work for certains cards.

NVinject and Natit should not be together, they do the same (well almos the same, maybe the same but diferently, oh whatever).

Does enaybody tried NvidiaEFI?

I'm using the latest NVinject on my GeForce 7950GT 256mb card with dual monitors, and can only boot up in safe mode. Everything shows up correctly in the system profiler. If I don't use safe mode I get the blue screens. I set up my device ID's and and tried with only one monitor connected. I'm starting to get sad... :wacko:

Yes, I just did a fresh install, reinstalled the NVinject kext, and double checked the device ID's but I'm getting the same blue screen issue. I get dual monitor, and full resolution support in safe mode, its the whole QE/CI issue I am hoping to resolve. I noticed while booting up, I get this response while the video kext's are loading

start display <1>

start display <1> failed

• 1 month later...