BadAxe2/Q6600?

redsockosx

9 posts in this topic

Yes, it runs fine, but i had some problems with sound (even when patched) and now have some USB issues, so i maybe simply have a bad board - but ill replace it tomorrow with a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3p. for me, it seems to be better because more modern. and sound in and out works. and its cheaper. so ill say goodbye to the bx2.

Running a Badax2/Q6600 combo here on the 10.5 TOH kernel after trying unsucessfully to get things running on an AMD box. Everthing except sound worked for me out of the gate but the STAC9274D AppleHDA.kext worked great. I'd also recommend the updated IONetworkingFamily.kext so Time Machine works as well.

Netwalker, where did you find those kexts to fix the sleep issue?

Working great here, Leo Brazil Patch + EFI v4, AppleSMBios that came with Efi bootloader. Sleep/Resume work fine now, it worked before but only if manualy put it to sleep.

I had to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext because I was getting "Package 0 didn't get an Hpet" while booting.

Only problem is that my 2 sata disk are reported as external, don't know why...

ciao

Davide

I've got my badaxe2 going on Leopard as well now with the EFI patch and almost all stock extensions and stock kernel.

Like davides said, I had to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for the 'Package 0 Hpet' issue. Also, using AppleSMBios and dsmos extensions from the EFI installer along with Natit for my geforce. I also needed to do the IONetworking patch that fixes the:

"_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35"

Although I still see the error popping up in the system.log (looks to be mainly during boot now instead of all the time though).

Sound is working by using the 1.16 version of Tarugas HDA patcher (1.17 doesn't work for some reason).

Other than that, everything is great and seems to boot faster than Tiger. Running Vmware Fusion fullscreen with spaces is amazing - switches between windows/mac fuillscreen immediately! (btw: I could only get Vmware Fusion running with the stock kernel)

Work great. Have not OC yet, but it is very fast at 2.4GHz

- Tested with LEO patch + post patch.

- Now playing with efi_v3, LEO patched to install + modified version of AppleSMBIOS.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext, sleep works.

How do you get Sleep to work?

Do you have made a clean install? Or do you have made an update from 10.4.10?

I made an update from 10.4.10 with the ToH Leo DVD but i can´t get sleep to work..

Efi V4.0 is installed...

Has anyone some hints what i can do to get sleep to work??