Dell D610 Laptop running uphuck 10.4.9

legionX

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I managed to get OSX installed pretty easily onto this machine, just had to do some minor kext tweaking to get the wifi working.

I just tried installing Aperture and it said that my video card did not meat the minimum requirements. I noticed this same problem trying to install/run Final Cut Pro & DVD Studio Pro when I was using 10.4.6 on another PC a while back.

I looked in my "About this Mac" and I noticed under my video card's info that Core Image & Quartz Extreme aren't working. I'm pretty sure this is why these apps won't work.

Is it even possible to get it working on this little laptop with the ATI Radeon mobile?

anyone? where do I even start?

It seems that nobody has ever been able to help me get my display working properly, this is getting very tiring. I mean I try looking through countless other threads, but they are gibberish. I don't even know exactly what ATI card is in this laptop.

Hey your trying to get Final Cut to work on your system like me. Well first things first to answer your question if it is at all possible to install final cut on your laptop. The answer is yes, but you need to get the graphics card in your computer working at it's full potential. According to http://computershopper.com.com/laptops/del...7-31268759.html your graphics card model is ATI Mobility Radeon X300 in order to make your graphics card work you will need to find the approprate .Kext files. Which is like "Windows Drivers" for Macs. This website may possibly have the kext to make your card work. http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/index.html it is under ATI Cards and it is called Mobility.kext.installer give that a try and give me some feedback. :(

ok, installed that and now my card is showing up under About this Mac as:

Radeon Mobility M300 (M22):

Chipset Model: Radeon Mobility M300 (M22)

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 64 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5460

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I've also noticed that the interface seems to be much more "snappy". But as you can see QE & CI are still not working, and if I'm not mistaken Final Cut Pro and most of the iLife apps will not work unless QE works.

Apparently my card is working better now, but what would be the next step to get this thing working properly?

• 1 month later...