mac.nub install issue (fails when the install process starts)

ryanbr

8 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I'm trying to get the mac.nub dvd to install. After i select what i want to install the following happens.

1. Press Install

2. Press skip (to skip the DVD scan)

3. Install Fails instantly.

The error given was as follows: **EDIT** This error was from the install log

Failed to locate package at path /system/installation/packages/conextatnt.pkg.

This error happens regardless of my install options i select, is there something blatently obvious I'm overlooking?

System Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 4x2.40ghz 8mb cache

2gb DDR2 800mhz ram

EVGA Nvidia 680i SLI motherboard

Evga Nvidia 7900GS 256mb

If anyone is using the same motherboard and somehow got it to install I would appreciate a list of what you selected during the install process. Thanks!

Hey there,

I'm trying to get the mac.nub dvd to install. After i select what i want to install the following happens.

1. Press Install

2. Press skip (to skip the DVD scan)

3. Install Fails instantly.

The error given was as follows: **EDIT** This error was from the install log

Failed to locate package at path /system/installation/packages/conextatnt.pkg.

This error happens regardless of my install options i select, is there something blatently obvious I'm overlooking?

System Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 4x2.40ghz 8mb cache

2gb DDR2 800mhz ram

EVGA Nvidia 680i SLI motherboard

Evga Nvidia 7900GS 256mb

If anyone is using the same motherboard and somehow got it to install I would appreciate a list of what you selected during the install process. Thanks!

Either there is something wrong with your installation media or you haven't prepared your disks for installing to.

First of all you need to ensure you have prepped the parition or drive ready to recieve the install. When the installer screen shows up, ignore it and wait for the top screen menus to load. From the Utilities menu load up Disk Utility. There will be a short delay whilst it gathers disk information. Once you can see you HD's and Partitions you need to select a partition, set it to mac journaled and erase it. Be careful to select the right disk / partition, you don't want to lose your existing setup. Once the erase procedure is complete, exit disk utility and the installer window will reappear. Now you can choose a Disk / Partition to install to. Proceed as you did before.

Hum, will have another look at the partitions, but i've done that a few times already. I might give the install disk another attempt before a burn it again. I'll also have a look at the contents of the DVD, maybe i can browse to that directory to see if the file is there. =)

Yep, I got around it by simply not telling it to install any audio related drivers / kexts.

Now I'm going through the headache of trying to get it to boot after install, for some reason it's not writing a boot entry on the drive so after install I cannot boot. I remember months/years ago i got around that by formatting a special way via the Disk Setup thing in the installer, but it's been so long since i've tried to install OSX, so I can't remember, bah!

Up and running now, found a method to add the MBR in so it will boot now.

Normal startup Mode: An error has occured please restart your computer.

-v -x mode: Loads perfectly, however during the basic system setup where you set up your keyboard, internet, user account it randomly locks up for some reason. No error is being thrown.... Ahwell... I may have hit a dead end now. =(

I'm having the same problem after installing, as in it doesnt boot up, all I get is the restart your computer in 15 languages screen. Poster before me mentioned adding to MBR, how do I do that?

I booted off the cd, and when I did startup options it only sees the cd as a bootable device, and not the hard drive.