Weird results (solution)

Careless

6 posts in this topic

I managed to run a xbench score and find out that my computer didnt even report a proper result.

so what i did was, i restarted the computer, and ran xbench AS SOON as the computer started up, even before my wireless utility had a chance to boot.

then this is what i got. compared to what probably would have gotten me like a 40.

my specs are also on the link

Xbench results - On Immediate Boot

anyone know what casues the stuttering to occur later?

i deleted that TCMP file or whatever it was.. that sorta helped it a bit. anyone else know anything?

OK... so no matter what i do. it stutters anyways.

i dunno what's happening, but im getting some weird stuttering. i tried increasing the voltage of my memory.

i also loosened the ram timings.

i even went so far as to change it to 2T instead of 1T command rate.

there seems to be a memory leak somewhere. wtf could the problem be.

so apparently someone had mentioned in another thread that the platform command is not case sensitive and that it shouldnt make a difference when using darwin.

so then i saw antoher thread which contradicted this and said it IS case sensitive.

now i dont know what to believe, but after doing both X86PC and ACPI compared to x86pc and acpi... i've noticed HUGE stability increase.

i dunno if my computer is just being happy now, but it hasnt stuttered since i tried with CAPS... but now i have to find out what's better for my system ,so that i can edit the Boot.plist

anyone know what string to put in to choose platform?

so apparently someone had mentioned in another thread that the platform command is not case sensitive and that it shouldnt make a difference when using darwin.

so then i saw antoher thread which contradicted this and said it IS case sensitive.

now i dont know what to believe, but after doing both X86PC and ACPI compared to x86pc and acpi... i've noticed HUGE stability increase.

i dunno if my computer is just being happy now, but it hasnt stuttered since i tried with CAPS... but now i have to find out what's better for my system ,so that i can edit the Boot.plist

anyone know what string to put in to choose platform?

so i was thinking this forum actually has people who check threads once in while.

guess not.

is anyone else experiencing these problems? because it's coming back, no matter what platform i run on.

and swapping kernels in with the original is causing kernel panics.

and no one wants to provide patched kernels or a viable solution for patching kernels without having the DVD, as i downloaded a version of the DVD on my windows partition that had the JaS patches already included, so i'm out of luck.

if someone is willing to make some kernels for me, can they please PM me or something.

this is really starting to get nerve wracking.

ok ,so apparently this problem is common on all dual core AMD processors, because of the throttleing of the cpu cores and the individual cpu clocks.

therefore, disabling one of the cores in Xcode is what needs to be done as a temporary fix.