Help with 10.4.10

shun

9 posts in this topic

I have been trying to install uphuck's 10.4.9 on my computer and everything goes fine untill i get to the part where it has to install mac. when it tells me to select a destination volume to install to, it doesn't list any so i can't select one and click continue. Is there any way to fix this? plese help!

oh sorry lol.im not to sure how to find out the controllers or the type of harddrive, but heres what i know.Brand-Acer Aspire 5570zprocessor- T2080 intel pentium dual-core processor 1.73 Ghz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cacheram- 1gig DDR2i think the harddrive is a "TOSHIBA MK8034GSX ATA"I honestly dont konw what AHCI is. I am using the instillation instructions from this site:http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/07/03/up...ual-boot-guide/oh and thanks for welcoming me

Okay, first you need to become familiar with every aspect of your laptop's specs. This is important if you expect to know what and how to install OSX86 on your system. This is not like installing OSX or Windows natively to a Mac or PC. What you will need to do is going to be very specific to your computer. I would advise reading the tutorials at the beginning of these fora to get an overall idea of what's been going on. There is one site I found that gives a pretty comprehensive 'how to' for a 5570 model similar (although I don't know if it's exact) to yours. You can find it at:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=44105

that is the same series as my laptop so almost everything should be the same. i believe that the only reason they added a z to my laptop is because they installed windows {censored}, i mean windows vista on it over the xp os.

i will follow that guide but after i install it will i be ableto update to 10.4.10 or even 10.5 or will i have to reinstall it all over again?

oh and thank you for replying to this and for helping me.

I'm pretty certain you'll be able to upgrade to 10.4.10. Leopard might be another story. I've been playing around with that on one of my systems, but I haven't even upgraded my real Mac Pro with that yet. Thought I'd wait a bit to read up on how well existing software plays with Leopard.

I have been trying to install uphuck's 10.4.9 on my computer and everything goes fine untill i get to the part where it has to install mac. when it tells me to select a destination volume to install to, it doesn't list any so i can't select one and click continue. Is there any way to fix this? plese help!

First of all you need to ensure you have prepped the parition or drive ready to recieve the install. When the installer screen shows up, ignore it and wait for the top screen menus to load. From the Utilities menu load up Disk Utility. There will be a short delay whilst it gathers disk information. Once you can see you HD's and Partitions you need to select a partition, set it to mac journaled and erase it. Be careful to select the right disk / partition, you don't want to lose your existing setup. Once the erase procedure is complete, exit disk utility and the installer window will reappear. Now you can choose a Disk / Partition to install to. Proceed as you did before.

thank you Nemi. i did what you said and everything installed properly, but when i try to boot up into mac os 10, it gives me this:

hfs+ partition error

i have it set to primary partition but i dont know how to fix this. any suggestions?

ok i found a way around the partition error. what i did was boot from the Mac instillation disc but instead of pressing a button i let the time run out and Mac boots up instead of the install disc. Everything seems to be working fine (so far) and its running a lot better than this vista {censored} that i have now. the only problem i have is finding the right drivers and setting up the boot menu.

my boot menu will not work, so everytime i want to change from Mac OS 10 to vista, or back from {censored} to mac i have to use disk part and change the active partition and use the trick that i mentioned above. I dont mind doing that, but does anyone know a way i can fix this so i can save some time, and where i can find the drivers for my system.

Acer Aspire 5570z

Atheros AR5007EG (AR5BXB63) (not working)

Marvell Yukon 88E8038 Fast Ethernet (not working)

Texas Instrument PCMCIA adapter TIxx12