Logic Studio...

Twisty

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the average install time is for Logic Studio.

I installed it last night on a 24" 2.4GHz iMac, and it took 7hours!

I realise it's a 7disc install, but I never thought it would take that long... hopefully it's not because of a problem with my system.

If anyone has installed this in the past, could you please tell me how long it took you.

Well, you are transferring 55GB of data from 7 DVDs, do I think it should take that long. :P

Thanks, wasn't 100% sure, I knew it would take a while, just not that long...

and I read somewhere else that someone said it should only take 4hrs... so I got worried

• 8 months later...

Is it a safe assumption that Logic Studio will work within an OSX86 environment?

I do have a MacBook Pro with Logic running nicely, but I want to run it on my desktop pc with Leo4All...

I may sound naive but it seems that not many people are installing Logic Studio on their OSX86 machines...

Cheers

Nah you're all good dude.

It took me the same amount of time. I used to work at a music shop and had to install Logic Studio on a few macs and they took the whole day!

I have it installed on my osx86 pc and it works like a charm. Everything including Compressor, Qmaster etc run with no errors relating to my OS. That being said...

When I first installed it on iAtkos v1 10.5.1 (and I forget if I was running vannilla kernal or not...), the pro apps would run fine but Compressor, Qmaster and the like would crash as I opened them. I couldn't find any way around this.

However, I'm now running 10.5.4 with vanilla kernal and they all work. No crashes no nothing!=) I've been doing this since 10.5.2

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Hello,

I use Leo4 all v3 distribution for a while now (already updated to 10.5.4) and evrithing works like a charm.

I use a AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ with 2 Giga ram and 250 GB HDD. Also I use EMU 0404 USB sound card.

Recently I installed Logic 8 on my machine. Installation was a success but..

My problem is that it seem that Logic uses only one CPU instead of two and when I simply play let's say piano instrument the CPU rises to much almost at maximum. In my opinion it uses to much CPU power and the clips and pops appear after a short period.

Everithing in my configuration is ok. I configured the maximum buffer size for optimal performance but still eats to much processor power..

Can someone please tell me is it realted to the fact that my machine is a AMD based machine? Or I don't have to much RAM?

Interesting is that the Activity Monitor shows that the CPU power is ok (in a avarage range) but the Logic still eats alot.

Is it some optimisation tools for cpu in order to run Logic 8 normally? Is it a Logic 8 bug? Should i gice a try to Logic 7 instead 8?

I runned into no ideas after days of searching on internet..

Can someone please help me in this?

Many many thanks!! :D

Just wondering what the average install time is for Logic Studio.

With the DVd s yes about 5 - 7 hours.

With the disc images on the HD less than a hour :P

@nexenta ..have u tried to update logic to 8.02 ?

• 7 months later...
With the DVd s yes about 5 - 7 hours.

With the disc images on the HD less than a hour :D

@nexenta ..have u tried to update logic to 8.02 ?

How long does it take to copy the disc images to the HD? Sounds like a good time saving approach.

• 4 months later...

Hey no one answered his last question.

I too am having a problem with logic 8!

I installed it on a macbook with 2.4ghz dual core with 2 gigs of ram

and i play piano or I'll even listen to a software synth already recorded

and one of the CPU bars is almost all the way too the top!

it gets small clips when i try and listen or record

whats the deal?! any help would be appreciated