alright, time to ask for some help :)

DigitalK

7 posts in this topic

I have a intel 965 board. MSI neo 965. I have successfully installed it w/ vmware onto a hard drive. It boots up find in VMware and all that jazz. uphuck 1.4i.

I have a jmicron controller on here... I tried installing some kext files via vmware to try and correct the stituation but it still exists. If I install it in the sole different colored SATA port I get the msg in the 2nd picture....the rest give the message in the first....I would really like some help as I am stuck. Thanks everyone!

1833208514_eb3172c201.jpg

1832378359_d5104a21d4.jpg

If you create your partition as primary, active and format the partition as mbr rather than guid, you should not see that com.apple.Boot.plist message anymore.

Figured it out, and tried this. same results on reformat w/ MBR selected instead of GUID or apple format.

I'm lost.

It looks like, from the first image posted, that OSX is loading the kext for a VIA 8237 SATA controller. Your board should be using the ICH8 chipset for controlling the hard drives (the four same-colored ports).

During installation, was there an option for selecting drivers/kexts for the ICH8®? Some distributions have it, others don't.

But since your board is based off an Intel chipset, there shouldn't be anything VIA-related loading.

(NOTE: I am new to the OSX86 scene... So I might be way off...)

• 2 weeks later...