Leopard and Nvidia

twophive

6 posts in this topic

What's the best solution?

I had to install the NV40.pkg to get the video to work. Without it, I was stuck at a blank blue screen with just my curser. Problem with the NV40 is that, there is no quartz extreme support, when the same package gave me support in Tiger.

Yeah, I believe thats whats loaded by default with the Brazilmac patch. Which is strange, because it was working perfectly for the intro video and post install user setup, but once it hit the desktop; no dice. Had to do the NV40.

Unless its displaying from the DVI port? I have a Geforce FX 5500 PCI. I'm just working with what I've got, I do need to upgrade to something PCIe.

Also another thing, I'm able to drag my curser past the screen edge to the right?

What's the best solution?

I had to install the NV40.pkg to get the video to work. Without it, I was stuck at a blank blue screen with just my curser. Problem with the NV40 is that, there is no quartz extreme support, when the same package gave me support in Tiger.

i got some troubles with Video on wake up, it shows firstly green lines then fills the whol screen with milk and thats it) only power button helps...

I will try to take the NVidia Geforce 2 MX driver from alive Tiger and put it to Leo, hope this helps, however some tech-guys say that it is not purely video trouble..