Do you believe in demonic possession?

Dr. Hurt

12 posts in this topic

Do you believe in demonic possession and exorcism ?

Have you ever seen an exorcism or heard about one in you local house of worship (Church, Mosque.. etc)

I don't really know what to believe. The person who the exorcism is being performed on just does strange things.... He keeps on screaming and roaring!!!

Is he really possessed by demons or is he psychotic? He seemed mad!!

This was in an Egyptian Coptic Orthodox church. The exorcism was done by a senior coptic priest (I removed his name for some privacy reason).

The preist keeps on showing the guy the cross and telling him "What is this?" "What has it done to you?"

Then he sprays him with water and says "in the name of Jesus Christ, I order any bad (demonic spirits to leave...)

It was very scary.

So, what religion (if any) do you believe in? What do you think? What does you religion say?

So, what religion (if any) do you believe in? What do you think? What does you religion say?

I believe in God, but it pretty much ends there. However there have been so many accounts of Ghosts/Demons throughout history... So I'm slightly biased to believe in their existence. I once read The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty, scared me to death :)

I used to believe in it. But then I found out that the girl was just menstrating.

LOL... And the priest was trying to perform an exorcism on her?! I can't imagine that. ;)

Yes, demons can and will enter your body if you are not careful. So yeah, never peek under your bed after midnight and remember to turn on your bedlight before falling asleep.

I also recommend keeping your windows shut in case the tooth fairy tries to rob you at night.

Cheers,

hecker

• 2 weeks later...

but...oh my god...

in italy,a few years ago, it was the best of the world in horror...the exorcism version full...

but now, i saw that film 100 times!!!...at first time that i saw, i had not fear because the special effect is too old...

but a lot of people have fear so!!!...

that film is very beautyful!

and the exorcism, in real life, i've not assisted...and i hope that don't see or hear or assist...

Drive (excuse me for english...but i'm italian :wacko: )

I have never seen a demonic possession, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

I do believe in Satan, though.

It is not a totally evil Satan what I believe, it is more a master of illusion, not really dangerous to those few who really know him.

It is Satan as described by Goethe: "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good"

Or, even better, as described by Mikhail Bulgakov in the The Master and Margarita, where Woland is an administrator of divine justice.

satan has very little to do with demonic possession.

Simply because you don't believe in God = don't believe in Satun =/ don't believe in demonic possessions.

I know for a lot of people there would be a = in the last one but it's not necessarily the case.

Tell me if you found out the loch ness exists does that for some reason imply God does also? So why should the other way round work?

Im not sure if I believe in demonic possession but what I do know is The Exorcist is one heck of a scary film! The film is apparently based on a real-life exorcism of a young boy and that is a frightening thought, especially if you have seen the film.

Paws

I definitely do not believe in demonic possession. Though I suppose it is possible that some suffer from extreme and bizarre cases of psychological disorder....

I agree with paranoid marvin.

I also agree with a lot of what Richard Dawkins has to say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins

It is kind of depressing to think that there is nothing after ... but better than living a delusioned life, no?

but people freak out so much when I say that I am atheist. So I don't say it much.