New MacBooks

Numberzz

38 posts in this topic

I don't see much point in having 4gb of ram in a macbook.

Leopard is hardly much more of a hog, nothing like vista thats for sure as it runs on my 3yr old imac really nice.

2gb of ram is the sweet spot of the macbook.

Oh come on, I just got my macbook like 45 days ago. Boo.

Why didn't you wait to buy? All the Macrumor sites were reporting that an upgrade was imminent. And if you had to buy then, why would you buy the Under-Powered-Over-Priced Macbook?

Why didn't you wait to buy? All the Macrumor sites were reporting that an upgrade was imminent. And if you had to buy then, why would you buy the Under-Powered-Over-Priced Macbook?

Because what I was reading on Macrumor was stating that new Macbooks were coming out for the holiday season (which I assumed was December). I am (incredibly) happy with mine, but a graphics boost would have been great.

:):wacko:

Well, I'm jealous that he got a macbook before me, if that counts!

;)

Works for me :)

Im more than satisfied with the one I have. 2.16GHz C2Duo, 120GB, and Superdrive. I guess more video memory wouldn't be bad but onboard is onboard, aka not suitable for games anyway.

X3100 (965GMA)> 950GMA

Check this chart out

Impulse purchasing to have item right away > waiting

Who knows, i may sell mine in another month or two and get a new one. I got the one I have now on impulse really. Walked by the "apple store" (store that sells tech stuff, mac systems, ipods, etc) at my school, saw that they had 1 left, and got it.

just minor updates but then again you getting it for the same price.

So, when's intel/apple coming out with better drivers for the X3100? It's terrible in OS X. I had to disable screen saver, because it cut my battery life in half. (Fans are stupid loud)

But battery life in general on the macbook is GREAT! Over 4 hours for me!