New MacBooks

Numberzz

38 posts in this topic

Finally, the MacBooks have been updated. The new MacBooks have the Santa Rosa chip, and a new 800MHz front-side bus. You have a choice of either a 2 or 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo. But here is the good news: the Intel GMA 950 is finally out of the door, being replaced by the GMA X3100, with 144MB of shared memory. The total amount of RAM you can have has been raised to 4GB.

indexfrontrow20071026lg4.jpg

Full Story

Guest pcharles25

gma950 rocks...

i am no professional gamer.. but Postal 2 for mac with the gma 950 runs great ... also Castle wolfinstine

SIS 530 ( throws up ) now that was some {censored} on board graphics,

the x3100 ( mobile ) and the x3000 ( desktop ) are great chipsets...

but all in all ... i am still Pleasantly Content with my gma 950.

Hey before anyone gets all pissy with me, I like the gma 950 also because its basically free

it comes on my board and its good...

but let me tell you if i were to go out an buy a card, it would not be something

like the gma 950 and that a guarantee :)

at the least i would get that Nvidia 7900GT

didn't they already HAVE an 800mhz fsb?

Thats what I thought... so I wiki'd it, and came up with this:

The latest update to the MacBook line occurred on November 1, 2007.[2] The core change was the replacement of the Intel Mobile 945GM chipset featured in the previous models with the GM965. The GM965 chipset brings a 800 MHz front-side bus speed[2] versus the 667 MHz of the 945GM. Further the new chipset offers complete support for 4 GB of DDR2 667 MHz (PC2-5300) memory and it features Intel GMA X3100 integrated graphics rather than the GMA 950 used in previous MacBooks. Other changes from the lastest update include a slight re-design of the rear exhaust port and a re-configuration of the media controls of the keyboard.

So cool. The MacBook is a really matured design now :thumbsup_anim:

So cool. The MacBook is a really matured design now :thumbsup_anim:

Well, I don't conceive that an iPod Classic has the same or twice hard disk space than MacBook basic model.... Even more, its 5400 RPM hard disk drive and no DVD/W on the basic makes me feel that the MacBook is quite overpriced...

Well, I don't conceive that an iPod Classic has the same or twice hard disk space than MacBook basic model.... Even more, its 5400 RPM hard disk drive and no DVD/W on the basic makes me feel that the MacBook is quite overpriced...

Hey, if you can find a better spec PC lappy that runs OS X perfectly (all devices + ci/qe plz) for around the same price, I'll eat my hat.

Otherwise I'll be wearing my hat while I surf on the new MacBook.

but they have still the combo drive for the entry level config?? it sucks!

Exactly.

please note that this is a pretty minor update...... Stock RAM, hard drive and SuperDrive options remain the same - though the new MacBooks have the capacity to be upgraded to 4 GB of RAM.

Totally unimpressed.

Agreed. My only gripe with my macbook C2D is the lack of dvd, and dvd dl recording. Other than that, I think an upgrade to my hack is in order a new mobo with the x1300 will be a welcome addition. Before everybody says how much they suck, I love the 0 complications I get everytime I install my hack with the 950 (I game on my 360, wii, and other stuff).

O_o 800mhz FSB...that has to have already been around. one of my very good friends got a macbook not even two months ago, with a C2D with an 800mhz FSB...i think its 2.16ghz? something close to that, using GMA950? i didn't look into the system specs too far, and i've only used it once myself...1280x800 px LCD, glossy coating, 13" model, 2gb of RAM.

i think its just the stepping that's changing [C2D with B2 or C1 down to a G* stepping] for cooling..i could be wrong, but that's my guess on the matter.

i'm really debating between getting this and an imac, or a 2.6 mbp. the upgraded graphics seem like they should be fine for what i do away from home, but i just dont really like it for some reason