What is the best motherboard to buy to use OSx86?

Midani

7 posts in this topic

Im building a computer soon and it will be running OSx86 a lot of the time. What motherboard should i buy? of course i am going to buy an intel one. Let me know which one is the best.

It has to have SLI as i will eventually use SLI on the windows part of the computer.

Thanks!

I would get an apple. But getting one to configurations i want will go over 2000. Plus i want to be able to update things such as GFX card, Processor and things like that. Macs dont allow me to do that. Plus i want to run XP perfectly and it should because all the components are PC components.

As for the motherboard. Just let me know what is the best working intel motherboard with SLI. I dont really have a budget for the motherboard as it is the most important component.

Thanks!

I would get an apple. But getting one to configurations i want will go over 2000. Plus i want to be able to update things such as GFX card, Processor and things like that. Macs dont allow me to do that. Plus i want to run XP perfectly and it should because all the components are PC components.

As for the motherboard. Just let me know what is the best working intel motherboard with SLI. I dont really have a budget for the motherboard as it is the most important component.

Thanks!

That's not true. You can update the proc and gfx card in a mac just like any other computer same goes for the hd ram etc. Well everything but the mobo :D, and they run xp perfectly well in bootcamp.

Also when you start to upgrade stuff you often find yourself more or less upgrading it all anyway, and since macs "has no games" more or less you don't need the latest and greatest gfx card and since Apple know what machines they have released they make sure that atleast the last years models can run the new version of the OS.

So if you buy say an iMac just update it all when you need something better, it has a decent resell value or you could use it as a spare machine, which is what I would probably have wanted to do with an old PC instead of updating it anyway.

(And you could buy a laptop every second time and a desktop the other time and you will have a reason to keep both ;D)