Leopard On WinPCs Using Apple Install Discs

Special-K

5 posts in this topic

One of my friends told me today that it's possible to install Leopard onto a normal PC using the install discs you buy from Apple. No hacking needed. He said you just put it in and connect a thumb drive with a certain file and install. Once it's installed, remove the thumb drive and it works just like a Mac. Does anyone know if that's actually possible? And if it is, what file do you need?

I think you knew what I meant by Leopard on Windows. I know it's not synonymous with PC, given that there's the obvious Linux distro and OSx86 image. I just put that so that someone would actually read it, even if it's to correct me.

Anywho, I meant using the actual Install Discs, like if I went to the Apple Store and bought Leopard. I didn't mean using an OSx86 version.

I think you knew what I meant by Leopard on Windows. I know it's not synonymous with PC, given that there's the obvious Linux distro and OSx86 image. I just put that so that someone would actually read it, even if it's to correct me.

Anywho, I meant using the actual Install Discs, like if I went to the Apple Store and bought Leopard. I didn't mean using an OSx86 version.

the original disc checks the system to ensure it only runs on Macs. So even ur PC has supported hardware, u cant install it without patch.

so tell ur friend: NO, IMPOSSIBLE