Leopard Driver for GMA900 (915GL)

36 posts in this topic

I just installed Leopard onto my system. It went flawlessly and everything works, including Network, Sound, and Video.

The video supports Software Core Image and I can change resolutions, but Quartz Extreme is not supported. I know it was supported in previous versions of Mac OS X, so is there a way to get it to work in Leopard?

Does anyone have a driver or some way to get QE supported for the GMA900? Currently the only kext that is loaded is the IntegratedFrameBuffer, but it does detect it as a GMA900, so I don't really know what to do.

Ok, well I did try to install Leopard without drivers, which gave me limited CI software support. Also, I tried loading the Diabolik drivers, but it said that not all my dependencies were met... probably because of Leopard changes?

Does anyone have the Drivers found on the Kalyway Leopard DVD? I would like to try those, see if they work.

Thanks!

Ok, well I wasn't able to find it. Plus, I don't want to download the entire DVD for just one driver. If anyone has it, that would be great if I could get it.

On another note, if I were to get another motherboard (I think mine is on the fritz) what chipset would be best to get? Which one will be closest to the Apple configuration? 945G, 945GC, etc.

Thanks for the help!

I don't have anything for the gma900, but I am working on a Natit variation to get gma950's to work in leopard without the graphical glitches that are there now.

I don't plan on supporting gma900 either btw.

Time to get new motherboards guys, and if you want easy breazy leopard installations get a gma950 based board.

Asrock Conroe1333-D667 is one good cheap choice ;)

Paulicat

some of us cant. In my case i cant swap my laptop mother board, Id buy a macbook if im going to do that.

And on my desktop I would have to buy 4 gigs of DDR2 ram to replace my DDR Ram for the new MB with a GMA 950 since I cant find any GMA950 boards that support DDR

If anyone finds a file let me know. maybe we can convince Diabolik :)

I have the same problem with Leopard and Intel 915G

My question is: if I buy an ATI X1600 (the same of the MacBook Pro 2,16GHz) will Leopard work properly with QE/CI?

Do you think that I'll need patched kext or QE/CI will work out of the box?

If we won't be able to get GMA 900 to work with Leopard, what would be a good PCI-E card that would work fully supported out of the box? One that is possibly decent priced as well as providing good graphics for photo editing, etc.?

Thanks.