NEED HELP - Can't Install mac.nub 10.4.10

vlad1966

3 posts in this topic

HELP!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

This looks like a great release (on paper), except for the fact that I can't get it to install.

I've had JaS 10.4.8 running fine (mostly) on this PC (see my sig below).

Have also tried installing Kalyway 10.4.10 with this same exact following problem when

I start the boot process:

Scenario 1:

- Put install disk in my Lite-On SATA DVD drive (AHCI enabled)

- Set JMicron controller to Disabled in BIOS

Boot process stops & I Get:

"USB caused wake event (EHCI)" Then about a minute later, "still waiting for root device"

Mind you, this is with AHCI enabled for my SATA controller

Scenario 2:

- Put install disk in my Lite-On SATA DVD drive (AHCI enabled)

- Set JMicron controller to Enabled in BIOS (AHCI enabled)

Boot process stops & I Get:

"USB caused wake event (EHCI)" Then right below this comes up:

"Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001a3129): unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0 Type 14=Page Fault), Registers:

CR0: a bunch of numbers here CR2: a bunch of numbers here CR3: a bunch of numbers here CR4: a bunch of numbers here

EAX: a bunch of numbers here EBX: a bunch of numbers here ECX: a bunch of numbers here EDX: a bunch of numbers here

CR2: a bunch of numbers here EBP: a bunch of numbers here ESI: a bunch of numbers here EDI: a bunch of numbers here

EFL: a bunch of numbers here EIP: a bunch of numbers here CS: a bunch of numbers here DS: a bunch of numbers here

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, format-frame:

Return address (4 potential args on stack) a bunch of numbers here

Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0x0"

During the install, when you click customize is there a USB fix package, or something like that. I had a similar problem where the USB kicked and error and wouldn't boot. I went back into the DVD and found a USB patch. Installed it and booted into the OS. Give it a try just a shot in the dark.