background color for 2D Dock?

congomonster

7 posts in this topic

Ok. After a long day of searching, i think there is no background color for the 2D Dock. I have changed my wallpaper. The Dock seems to have the same effects as the Menubar. :D

If you choose a darker wallpaper the Dock becomes more transparent. When you choose a white Wallpaper it becomes grey.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my solution:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVXPVFCI

You have all you need: the source code of the app that runs the white background, the app itself, the daemon that keep it always running in the proper way and the Apple dock resources. You only need to remove every bottom*, right* and left* file from your Apple dock resources, put there my resources (those you can find in the dmg) and then relaunch the dock. The TigerDock.app can be anywhere, while TigerDock_daemon has to be put in your login items. Just launch it or logout...

Let me know!!!

• 1 year later...
Here is my solution:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVXPVFCI

You have all you need: the source code of the app that runs the white background, the app itself, the daemon that keep it always running in the proper way and the Apple dock resources. You only need to remove every bottom*, right* and left* file from your Apple dock resources, put there my resources (those you can find in the dmg) and then relaunch the dock. The TigerDock.app can be anywhere, while TigerDock_daemon has to be put in your login items. Just launch it or logout...

Let me know!!!

hi,

your solution worked for me.

i was just wondering if it is possible for the tiger dock to have a white border around the dock just like the original tiger dock.

• 7 months later...
hi,

your solution worked for me.

i was just wondering if it is possible for the tiger dock to have a white border around the dock just like the original tiger dock.

When I do this I get this black box sitting on the dock and I can't get it off!