Unable to eject cd/dvd

twobunnyrabbit

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Had searched the forums and googled without much success.

This is my setup

Uphuck 1.4ir3 10.4.9 (updated to 10.4.10 via koolkal)

ASUS P4P800E 3.2Ghz SSE3

Pioneer 110D DVD Burner (Apple shipped and supported according to System Info)

I cant eject the dvd when a disc (CD or DVD) is present. No matter what method i tried. Finder tells me the disk is busy and try to quit some applications. No apps are running. Tried Disk utility and manually unmounting it in the terminal does not work. Even loaded up toast to eject and it doesnt work.

I noticed this on Kalyway as well. Initially i thought it was that particular distro but it seems to be in Uphuck too.

Only way to eject is to reboot the pc. :(

USB drives and other disk images eject fine.

Any thoughts about this problem??

Thanks

on a real mac, you can eject your cd by holding the left mouse button pressed when you boot up your pc, i don't know if this works with a hackintosh (you should start pressing it when the white screen appears and just before the little spinning thing appears)

• 10 months later...

BUMP! I also have this problem with Kalyway 10.5.2

Can't eject CD unless i turn OFF the computer and restart it. If i just reboot, it doesn't work for me. The whole CD drive is totally non-responsive to eject after booting OSX (Even with the install CD).

HOWEVER, the drive works completely fine, I have the install disk in there, and it reads fine in OSX, just can't eject it :)