Leopard on SSE2 Howto here!

vboyz

135 posts in this topic

ok, may be a bit unrelated and annoying :) but anyhow... i've tried to get the leopard-x86-flat-img (it's an installed dvd patched the brazilmac way) to work on my P4 3,2GHZ (with hyperthreading) - didn't work, always kept freezing and gave me random errors like these hpet thingies, well that was the easiest part, just deleted the cpu power management extension --> now i get an error saying "error referencing IODeviceTree" and it seems like no one really knows the answer... well i've given up on that dream... it would have been kool, to have a use for this computer but, well, impossible is impossible...

now: a friend would sell me his old P4 1.5 ghz machine for a bargain -> it has a gigabyte board and an ati rage 128 graphics card, do you see any chance in getting osx to work on this computer, using the SSE2 kernel patch on my flat image, or is it just another hopeless situation?

Thanks for vboyz to provide solution.

But i got some problem.....my laptop is Asus A6Va, Intel Pentium M 740(SSE2 only, no SSE3)

now i have BrazilMac_Patched_DVD image and the kernal you gave

I can't use the terminal to type "hdiutil attach -readwrite I://BrazilMac_Patched_DVD.iso -owners on" cause i only have this machine(XP)

how can i replace the kernal?

Can you help me? Thanks a lot^^

I was just wondering, must i use the 9a581 Beta version of Leopard?

Can i use the version that was on sale? is it the same?

By the way, just to confirm, is this the BrazilMac y'all talking about?

Anyway, thanks for the tutorial.

• 1 month later...

ok you would think i must be a total newbie here but i have installed windows on my computer several times and even got ubuntu installed as well buti am at a loss.

i have barely used torrents before.

i have bittorrent installed and used it twice to download a copy of osx for installing/testing purposes.

each time i down load the torrent , two diff ones i got hash check errors in several files.

i was told to click on the file and hit verify but i have no such option in bitorrent

so i tried making an iso anyway.

nero 8 using make a data cd bootable. i tried this 3 times and each time it gave me the same error when i tried to boot with the dvds i just made.

i would get the prompt that my comp is trying to boot from cd but then i get DISK BOOT ERROR

is this from bad torrents or bad iso making steps or a bios setting or what?

i also tried looking for a md5 checksum but have no idea how to do this?

i need a very basic outline of steps how to do this i guess?

• 1 month later...

Curtk, you need to select the "burn image to disk" in nero, It should be under the copy and back up tab/selection. Choose a lower burning speed to make it also, click the verify data button to make sure it burned correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I keep getting installation reboot errors just before it should enter the GUI installer. Something about ACPI. It reboots too quick to catch the whole message on my P4-M (SSE2). Any ideas? (HP Pavilion ZE5600 Laptop)

• 1 year later...