100% cpu in vmware 6.0.1

7 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...

Hate to resurrect a thread this old, but I'm having the exact same issue. I installed 10.4.8 using your guide and the core that VMWare's using is pegged at 100%. The TPM kext isn't in the folder.

Any ideas? The only difference for me is I'm running VM Ware 6.0.2.

EDIT: Oh a few other things of note: I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 w/the Nvidia binary driver. OS X'es Activity Monitor doesn't show any single process or combination of processes taking 100% of available CPU. Yet, GNOME's System Monitor says the main VW Ware thread is constantly consuming 50% of my CPU (1 of the 2 cores). To be clear: I run XP and Vista in VM Ware and neither pegs the CPU at 100% like this.

I tried a different release and that fixed the problem. It's still SLOW as HELL though. If it's just sitting there, not being interacted with, it takes no CPU. The minute I click on something though, the CPU usage goes to 100% and everything really slow.

I seem to recall the original Deadmoo was much faster, a native install is super-fast, and a VM Ware install of any other OS is super-fast. So, what gives?

I tried a different release and that fixed the problem. It's still SLOW as HELL though. If it's just sitting there, not being interacted with, it takes no CPU. The minute I click on something though, the CPU usage goes to 100% and everything really slow.

I seem to recall the original Deadmoo was much faster, a native install is super-fast, and a VM Ware install of any other OS is super-fast. So, what gives?

What release are you running now?

Hi ppl,I've followed all the instructions given by pcwiz, but I steel getting he same error: "system config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.My release is the described in the guide - JaS 10.4.8 with PPF1 and PPF2.My VM is 6.0.2 and I'm trying to install it in a drive external of my laptop by USB...Please help!!!!Thanks.OK. I've passed the problem.Now I've got other one...PAE Error. What's this???I've typed in the .vmx file, in the last line:paevm="true"but it continues...Help!paeerrorqf8.th.jpg