How Should I Burn the .iso image to a DVD?

dbculp

5 posts in this topic

I didn't think it would be this difficult... I downloaded JaS 10.4.8 and burned a DVD, things looked promising for a few seconds and then I got an error (parsing plist failure) and the install would not proceed. I've tried burning the same image on a couple of different machines in several different formats and I can't even get the DVDs to boot. Next, I tried downloading JaS 10.4.6, but these DVDs aren't booting either. I'm burning with Nero/Windows XP on a Sony burner using Memorex disks. I've seen several comments in the Forum about Nero not working, but my first try did start to boot...

Can anyone give a concise, step by step idiot's guide for burning the .iso image to a DVD, including what software to use, what format to select, etc? Or does anyone have a copy of OSx86 for Intel-SSE2 on DVD to spare?

I am trying to install on a Dell GX260 and there are several success stories in the Forums for this machine with JaS, so I'm pretty sure the problem is with my disks.

. . Hi: you might take a look at ImgBurn (free) - this is specifically made for burning *.isos & is the best for the job [in Windows]

The site has links to some quite clear guides.

Suggest before doing this you triple-check that your Sony is working in some sort of DMA mode & is properly installed & jumpered, running a suitable firmware for the media you wish to use.

OK to answer your question - it's not as simple as drag and drop of the iso image onto Nero but almost.

All you have to do is (in Nero not Nero express) choose > Burn from Image file. It will ask where the image file is. Don't forget to specify ISO and point it at the image file and away you go. It's that easy.

Hope it helps

Thanks guys. I doubled checked the burner firmware and operation, and Nero > burn image is what I've been doing. None of those things made any difference. I still get an error (parsing plist) from Darwin x86 boot. I guess I might need to try another download, but now that people are starting to install Leopard I may just wait for an SSE2 version of 10.5