Help Needed! Cant do erase disk step!

justinbains

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new here and any help would be appreciated! :P

Well... To start off i have a The OSX 86 Tubgirl edition dvd... It is The 10.4.10 version and i belive it supports sata correct me if i am wrong. Okay so when i boot it up all is good, so then i click on disk utlity and it shows my hard drive. and the partion version of it called Mac which is fat 32 and 12gb. So when i go on ahead to erase it and format to Mac osx extended journaled.. nothing happens no cd spinning no hard drive activity.. the ball just spins. So my question is what should i do to get this installed... is there another version (maybe uphacks) that i should try. I have already tried jas's version but that doesnt work becvause there is no support for sata.

My specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 4200+ Dual COre

Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 mATX AM2 GF6100 NF405

Hitachi Deskstar 7K160 160GB SATA2 Hard Drive

Integrated nvidia 6100 graphics

1gb Crucial Ram

Sata LG Dvd Burner

Please give me any advice you have... thanks!

i had a similar problem (with that iso and others), i believe it has to do with nforce 4 drivers (which you need, i know, i have the same chipset) and the only way to get it to work is to build a custom patched iso... atleast thats what i had to do...

i'm a bit n00bish myself, so i don't know if this will help but i had the same problem and what i had to do was use a sata hd( i first tried 1 of many ide hd's i got laying around ) and make my dvd rom master via the jumper ;also connect the master end of the ide cabe(black end) to the dvd rom....make sure your bios are set to acpi

i have read from time to time on this forum that sata dvd roms will give you install problems ..so try ide dvd rom.....sounds like you are having a problem even before you can select or install any drivers

hey,

So yea when i boot the dvd up its all working good and all, but then when i go to disk utlity and select my partition (yes i can select the partition that is fat32) and chose mac osx extended journaled and then erase it doesnt do anything... Its supposed to be instant i belive.... And i dont have a ide dvd rom so i can do that...

Anybody else have simliar problems? If so let me know how you fixed it! Could it be the Sata HDD or Nforce 4? But the thing is I used the Tubgirl Instatllation disk because many people have had success using it with nforce 4 chipsets and sata hard drives. Kinda confusing :P

• 1 month later...