Harddisk problem

Pandanl

10 posts in this topic

I have installed Windows Xp at the instal screen i selected 130GB from my 250GB harddisk PATA and left the other space empty. So in windows maked from the empty space a partition with NTFS and no letter assigned, Booted from the dvd but in the disk utility i saw only my Winxp partition but no mac partition and above the name of my winxp partition i saw only

129GB SAMSUNG SP2504C then i tried all kind of stuff made the partition in windows FAT32,No formatting, an assigned letter but nothing helped what is the problem mac osx worked before buti exedently overwrited my winxp at the install of mac osx.

specs

AMD Athlon AM2 4000+ 2,6Ghz

MSI K9N Ultra

Geforce 7900GS 600/XXX

Samsung SP2504C (PATA)

Samsung SP2514N (SATA)

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162C

did you try DISKPART? (id=af) - from Xp cmd line:

(use only primary partitions - !this is valid if you'll install osx on 1st disk, 2nd partition - google it)

DISKPART> Select disk 1

DISKPART> Select partition 2

DISKPART> Delete partition

DISKPART> create partition primary id=af

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset

------------- ---------------- ------- -------

Partition 1 Primary 32 GB 32 KB

* Partition 2 Unknown 24 GB 32 GB

DISKPART> Exit

- on the next osx install, partition will be seen...

130 GB is the partition size and not the disk. (osx-install shows only those partitions to be used).

don't be afraid, it doesn't write ntfs partition (xp) and if it you'll loose the xp boot loader, you still can run the xpcd recovery consolle

i understand the prob and is now in a similar dilemma. i cant create any partitions on my usb drive thru installer, and the already created raw partition are not formatted/erased correctly in disk utility and installer then give me no option where i can install my files on. please anybody cud give me an option where i cud get a utility thru which i cud format mac os x filesystem in windows xp/vista

i understand the prob and is now in a similar dilemma. i cant create any partitions on my usb drive thru installer, and the already created raw partition are not formatted/erased correctly in disk utility and installer then give me no option where i can install my files on. please anybody cud give me an option where i cud get a utility thru which i cud format mac os x filesystem in windows xp/vista

Use Acronis Disk Director 10, format the partition in fat32, then right click on it / Advanced / Change Type / select "0AFh - ChagOs Swap"

any demonoid invite?