Installing leopard 10.5 GM...

iestyn

20 posts in this topic

I "have a friend" who downloaded a 6.63 GB torrent called "Mac OS X 10.5 GM.dmg"

The problem is, when "my friend" mounts the image, and gets a mounted disk image called "Mac OS X Install Disc", it seems completely empty.

Is there something "my friend" is missing?

How can a file be 6.63 GB but just be empty? Is there something "my friend" has to do with it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Why would anyone bother putting a fake image up anyway?

"My friend" is planning on buying the real thing when it's out, but he also lacks patience and wanted to check out Leopard before it came out.

Thats really annoying... fake images... jeez

The closest you'll get right now is the 9a559 build. I can't imagine that the GM is too much different.

You can find it on www.thegreenbay.org

Wait...I don't think it's the GREEN bay....Might be something else....

You can find it on www.thegreenbay.org

Wait...I don't think it's the GREEN bay....Might be something else....

lol

Thanks for that info!

I am currently "not" downloading 9a559, it's at around 10 kb/s at the moment, but it's still finding seeds so it should speed up (Hopefully).

So is 9a559 stable enough to run as the main OS? I was thinking about running it from my external drive, but I might just keep an exact copy backup (with Tiger) on there for emergencies. Any ideas?

What's going to happen to everyone with 9a559 when they install the finished version?

lol

Thanks for that info!

I am currently "not" downloading 9a559, it's at around 10 kb/s at the moment, but it's still finding seeds so it should speed up (Hopefully).

So is 9a559 stable enough to run as the main OS? I was thinking about running it from my external drive, but I might just keep an exact copy backup (with Tiger) on there for emergencies. Any ideas?

What's going to happen to everyone with 9a559 when they install the finished version?

559 IS stable enough...I use it as my main system.

I don't understand your last question....i'll just reformat my drive and install the retail version when it gets delivered to my door on the 26th..maybe, hopefully the 25th.

What I meant was, are the people with 9a559 just going to be able to just update their system or are they going to have to do a clean install?

I'm assuming it'll just be an update like every other OS X...

I assume you will have to reinstall over 559. I wouldn't dare upgrade a developer build...could be buggy and there is still a lot of debug code in 559 which takes up space.

Strange. Ms Safari works flawless and I downloaded a hell-of-a-stuff

My Safari in 9A559 locks up during download of large files too. Some people have this problem while others don't.

I am currently getting around this problem by using Speed Download 4 which bypasses Safari's download mechanism.