Leopard Patch...

jake123

9 posts in this topic

I thought I saw a patch somewhere, although it wasnt for the final build. But If Kalkay or uphuck, or any dvd builder is reading this, can you make a path that will patch the DMG or ISO so we can have a (less) illegal dvd?

IE, I go out to the apple store on the 26th, pick up the dvd, make an iso, patch it, and install?

Thanks

Because it's simplier and faster than ripping and patching. But it depends of your internet connection. For me it took me less than 30 min to download the Leopard pre-patched DVD (more than 6 GB). Anyway, have a nice day :happymac:

lol. For those who want to download a full dvd, good on them. I personally do not care about size as i have 200mb/s internet connections so i can get anything as fast as i want. The ppf will be released for those who already have a dvd i.e: bought one, and do not want to download the whole new dvd (which is ususally buggy the first time one). A ppf can be applied, burnt and if it doesnt work, another one (~200mb worth) can be reapplied instead of downloading 6gb again. Its a much smarter way of doing things.

p.s: ripping and patching involves

1) put dvd in

2) press new image on disk util

3) get some coffee or tea

4) get ppf

5) press patch button

6) burn

it isnt very complicated

lol. For those who want to download a full dvd, good on them. I personally do not care about size as i have 200mb/s internet connections so i can get anything as fast as i want. The ppf will be released for those who already have a dvd i.e: bought one, and do not want to download the whole new dvd (which is ususally buggy the first time one). A ppf can be applied, burnt and if it doesnt work, another one (~200mb worth) can be reapplied instead of downloading 6gb again. Its a much smarter way of doing things.

p.s: ripping and patching involves

1) put dvd in

2) press new image on disk util

3) get some coffee or tea

4) get ppf

5) press patch button

6) burn

it isnt very complicated

The Green Demon has a "ppf" patcher for 10.4.10, but will it work properly for 10.5?

EDIT: Where do I get the PPF "patch"?

Thanks

Personally I think it is great if a simple PPF is released for the retail DVD. I actually do plan on buying one even if the license is worthless. I think Apple does need to be rewarded for the hard work they do developing the OS. If Apple simply offered a low-midrange tower already that allowed for expansion I would buy one of those without hesitation. Watch how many 3rd party hardware devs suddenly start writing Mac drivers if such a thing happened.